Talbanization in Karachi

3146 views 31 replies
Reply to Topic
Rehan M Din

Total Posts: 15020

can anybody define wat is talbanization is Karachi??

aur kya waqae aisa kuch hai... ya yeh sab MQM walon ka darama hai??
Posted 13 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
mere pass koi info nhi
Posted 13 Nov 2008

dunno
Posted 20 Nov 2008

dekhoo in karachi sub say bari party hai mqm phir ppp n phir anp awami national party aub mqm k zaida muqabla anp say hota hai cz karachi mai frontier say bht say loog hain so mqm un k area mai nahi jatay n anp walay in k area mai nahi atay so iltaf hussain nay wasiya he ek issue bana diya hai basically he understand karachi sirf mahajroon k hai simple is that
Posted 24 Nov 2008

Taliban rule in Karachi
Posted 24 Nov 2008

my take on this would be totally different.

I don't understand what talibanization means?
We tend to use words and terms just because they are buzzing everywhere. Can anyone explain what talibanization is?

We need not label people and their sets of beliefs according to western likness. This media spin on Islam has led many Muslims in Muslims countries to believe that practising Islam is a shameful thing. Because it is unacceptable to largely christian west, Muslims should also shun it.

So anyone who decides to practise their religion, "Islam" in this case, whether they have ever heard of Taliban or not, are labelled as Taliban, which equates to terrorism!!!!

Don't get me wrong! I am no fan of Taliban either but i don't like to label people.

Infact, Pakistani politicians are using this term to settle political scores with each other.
Posted 26 Nov 2008

Do u want to say dat some people who want to impelement sharia laws in Karachi are getting label of Talibanization?

I heard that people of MQM are relating negative activities like Theft and Murder etc with Talibanization...
Posted 26 Nov 2008

unfortunately, we believe in rumor and hearsay before finding the truth.

A political party's labeling of anyone is always biased and colored by their own interests.
Posted 26 Nov 2008

sun_shine says
Assalam O Alaikum

*I am Agree with Mr.Smooth Daddy Brother...!
Posted 28 Nov 2008

I was watching a program of Current Affairs "BOLTA PAKISTAN" in which 2 persons ______ Minhas and Nusrat discuss different current affairs and recieve live calls and reply them.
A call was received from Karachi in which caller was relating theft etc wid Talibanization...
same proofs are provided to Govt. by MQM
Posted 28 Nov 2008

ALLAH knows better
Posted 28 Nov 2008

well being a karachite myself i think i shud contribute here and i wud be really neutral i dont belong to any party at all and i ll be totally neutral here let me explain this term talbanization here this term means extremeism in terms of religion in terms of our daily life like burning a music shop burning a cable tv operator's office, brain washing young kids make them a suicide bombers, adn these people think they r the one's on the right path and every other person is wrong now this is the simple definition of talbanization and yes it does exist not only in karachi its every where in pakistan at small level in some places but it deos exist infact i myself have attended friday prayers in few such mosque and in khutbaat all they talk abt is dont wear tie dont wear pant ur gonna be like christian's and jews dont even watch islamic programs on tv they r haraam, and according to them shia muslims shud be hanged they r kafir's this is what thier mental approach is now iam a grown up guy but jus imagine a 14 15 year old guy listening to all this he cud be easily brain washed and infact few kids were brain washed and they have sent to waziristan for militant training but thankfully they came back home safely some how.
Posted 02 Dec 2008

Charizmatic, thanks for defining the terminology.

I concur with your observation and that extremism exists. I don't live in Pakistan so I don't know details. I try to follow news and papers and keep myself apprised.

I am sure you will acknowledge westernization is also occuring in Pak. Faculties of brainwashing and luring people to living western life style are employed in Pakistan. The difference is in the subtleness of their approach along with massive support from proponents of western culture.

There is a clash of values and the islamists are not as sophisticated and eloquent in propagating their values as their counterparts are. Plus , in the wake of a global campaign against Islam cast a darker shadow on advocates Islam. This organized smear campaign against Islam has opened doors for all and sundry critisim, labeling, judging on and certifying anyone willingly wishing to practise Islam as "Talibanied individual."

Liberal political parties in Pakistan jumped on this bandwagon taking political milage and settling scores with rivals.

In a perfect world, both ideologies should have even opportunity to present their views and let people freely choose their life style. In the so called "land of free", Islam can not be preached or practised freely.

On the other hand, islamists will have to come up with much better marketing techniques than they are currently using. Let's see where it settles!
Posted 04 Dec 2008

Exactly... I agree with you SD....

Islam followers are labelled as Taliban and higlighted as Talbanization...

Y not we highlight WESTERNIZATION???? Which is trying to capture our nation since long...
Posted 04 Dec 2008

see the basic problem is in the system, if we jus look at the educational system in pakistan there r 3 different educational system which is producing three different people of different mind set, there is proper private schooling system no 2 govt schools and no 3 the madrissa's now all three institutions producing 3 different people and this is increasing the gap between the people and increasing the class culture in pakistan, i beleive something needs to be done at the grass root level i mean there shud be just one educational system nation wide which have proper balance of conventional scientific and technology based education and offcourse religious education as well and this will probably decrease the trend of westrenization as well, plus we need to educate our younger generation abt islamic heros we need to tell them abt mohammad bin qasim, sultan salah uddin ayubi, tipu sultan and many more so they cud know that there is lot much to offer when it comes to religion rather then soo called terrorism.
Posted 04 Dec 2008

You pointed at some very key issues there.
Having different education systems is not necessarily bad. In US, you can either go to a public school, a private institution (mostly run by Churches) or a Seminary. So how is that different from systems in Pakistan?

In democratic societies, people largely have options and they choose according to their prefernces. Government only oversees and regulates when necessary.

In my humble opinion, Islamists will have to come out with more balanced approach and something that is appealing to all people. They cannot live and survive in an isolated environment.

Media by default supports western culture, but who prevents Islamists from being peacefully creative? Muslims living in the west are constantly challenged with presenting Islam and its values to their children in a creative, fun, and attractive way in the face of all other institutions conteracting in full capacity.

People need to reflect and find ways to face the challenge in intelligent and creative ways instead of resorting to violence.

Heros you mentioned are all war heros. We should also teach youngsters about great busimen who spread Islam through their honest dealings with non-muslims, and those who sacrifised to save non-muslims and through other examples.
Posted 04 Dec 2008

Chrizmatic bro... do u think only madrissa produce people who want Islamic laws to be implemented???

I personally know many kids which are studying in elite class Private schools with not indulging themselves in western style... and also seen people who completed their education from Govt school but have Western style in their living....

Gap of Class and Culture is produced by whom???

Btw... where is talibanization in it?
Posted 05 Dec 2008

i havent said only madrissa's r producing people who want to implement islamic laws its a general comment and an observation may be iam wrong, class culture exist every where in the world but not like pakistan where the gap is getting wider and wider each day, as far as talbanization is concerned i have already given my comment on that.
Posted 06 Dec 2008

Gap of culture is not getting wider... Only gap of class is getting wider... coz richer is becoming richest and poor is becoming more poor...

Do u link burning of CD and Music Shops / Cable Operator Office with Talbanization?? kya yeh sab karachi main pehlay nahi hota tha???
Posted 06 Dec 2008

it never happend in the past, and i said class culture like u have mentioned richer is becoming the richest and poor is becoming more poor i think thats where the problem lies.
Posted 06 Dec 2008

sun_shine says
Assalam O Alaikum
*I Think yeh baat MQM party nay ki thi
this is Just a label jo logo ko mil gaya hain
Ab jo bhi koi ghalat kaam hota hain
uska Ilzaam Directly Talibaan pe lag jata hain
Mr.Charizmatic Sir
Baat hamaray Kuch Molvi Sahibaan ki hain
All of them are Not same
I think this is just a plan Muslims Ko islamic Education ,Islamic society se door rakhnay Ki
Pehlay Nasaab Change kar diya gaya
then Madrassay bandh ho rahay hain
Har Cheez Islam and Muslims pe aa jati hain

I Really Dont think so K koi Talbanization Exist karti hain MQM ka ishaara sab Pathans Ki taraf hain...
May be I am Right or Wrong
Allah swt Knows the best...!
Posted 09 Dec 2008

Koi madrissa band nahi ho rahaa orr koi madrisson ko band nai ker saktaa as far as nisaab is concerned president musharaf tried his best key madrisson key student islamic education key sath conventional science or computer waghera ki education bhi lein is mein kia burai thi ?? agar aik larkaa engineer ho or sath mein hafiz e Quran tu is mein kia burai hai magar yeh baat hamaray molvi sahibaan ki aqal mein nahin or is ko itna bara issue bana dia gayaa, ur forcing me to take names of the people and mention thier wrong doings and i ll mention cuz logon ke dil se ghalat fehmiyan durr kerna is very important, molvi sahibaan ki aap ne baat ki mister qazi hussain ahmed sahab america ki har cheez se nafrat kertay hain and he was from those people jinhon ne madrisson key nisaab ka negative propogenda kiya or fact yeh hai ke qazi sahab ke apnay betay america se education complete kerkay aye hain yeh munafiqat nahi tu kiya hai ?? i know there are gud mullah's as well but they dont call themselves as mullah molvi or something like that they r well educated and have strong research and religious knowledge, people like mufti muneeb ur rehman, javed ahmed ghamidi & Dr israr ahmed and offcourse dr amir liaqat hussain yeh woh loog hain jinki batoon mein sense hota haii and they force key both types of education is must for a person, Just digest this one for the time being will talk abt tlbanization and all in details.
Posted 10 Dec 2008

u said har baat muslims pe ajati haii madrissay band ho rahay hein muslims specially pathan's ko terrorist label kerdia gaya haii, kabhi aap ne yeh socha musalmaan is haal ko pohnchay kyun, hum tu rule ker rahay they at one stage we were ruling the world phir yeh waqt kyun aya whose responsible, its muslim themselves who r responsible for thier downfall no america no india no israel nothing hum khud zimmaydar hain apnay is haal ke or yeh hamari harkaton ka nateeja hai ke aaj kahin duniya mein kutta bhi marjata hai tu ilzaam muslims pe laga dia jata haii cuz they know hum kuch nahi ker saktayy cuz we r not united, "Allah ki rassi ko mazboti se thamo or apas mein tafarqaa na daloo" kitna amal kiya hum ne is per ? "Ilm hasil kero chahayy tumhen china kyun na jana paray" kitna amal kiya hum ne is per ? china tu kahin ka kahin nikal gaya hum wahin kharay hain or abhi takkk isi baat pe larr rahay hain ke either we shud learn conventional education or just islamic education, Musalman ki zindagi Quran mein hai hum ne usko utha ker sab se onchi jagah rakh dia or samjhnay ki zehmat nai kii parhaa sab ne magar samjha kisi ne nahin aaj west isi Quran pe research ker ker kay science or technology mein kahan se kahan pohonch gayaa orr hum is baat pe larr rahay hain ke madrisson ka nisaab badal gayaa aaj agar musalman science technology, atomic research mein agay hotay or honest hotay tu majaal hai america ya india koi apni finger point ker sakta hamari taraf, HUM KHUD RESPONSIBLE HAIN APNI TABAHII KEY AND WE SHUD TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.
Posted 10 Dec 2008

Now as far as targeting pathan's and talbanization is concerned well there are some madrrissa's masjid's and some areas where talbanization exist, not in entire karachi but govt shud have target those areas magar is tamam chakkar mein pathan's ko target kerna sab pathan's ko terrorist kehna this is totally wrongg, terrorist cud be a punjabi cud be a sindhi or cud be an urdu speaking kisi aik province key logon ko target kerna is really bad or aisa huwa hai karachi mein kyun huwa cuz we never use our brain, pathan, panjabi sindhii urdu speaking and many more r living in karachi from years and in past 5 6 years aisa koi issue nai huwa sab sath mil ker reh rahay they, jaan bojh ker pathan ko urdu speaking community se larwaya gayaa, baat sab wohi hai if we just start thinking like a pakistani rather then a sindhi or punjabi ya pathan tu sab kuch theek hojye " Sab se pehlay pakistan"
Posted 10 Dec 2008

yeh jo londen main betha hai MQM ka terrorist network Altaf Hussain..sab kuch iske isharay par chal raha hai..isne Karachi ko apni muthi main liya hua hai wohan beth kar...
Posted 10 Dec 2008

sun_shine says
charizmatic said:

Koi madrissa band nahi ho rahaa orr koi madrisson ko band nai ker saktaa as far as nisaab is concerned president musharaf tried his best key madrisson key student islamic education key sath conventional science or computer waghera ki education bhi lein is mein kia burai thi ?? agar aik larkaa engineer ho or sath mein hafiz e Quran tu is mein kia burai hai magar yeh baat hamaray molvi sahibaan ki aqal mein nahin or is ko itna bara issue bana dia gayaa, ur forcing me to take names of the people and mention thier wrong doings and i ll mention cuz logon ke dil se ghalat fehmiyan durr kerna is very important, molvi sahibaan ki aap ne baat ki mister qazi hussain ahmed sahab america ki har cheez se nafrat kertay hain and he was from those people jinhon ne madrisson key nisaab ka negative propogenda kiya or fact yeh hai ke qazi sahab ke apnay betay america se education complete kerkay aye hain yeh munafiqat nahi tu kiya hai ?? i know there are gud mullah's as well but they dont call themselves as mullah molvi or something like that they r well educated and have strong research and religious knowledge, people like mufti muneeb ur rehman, javed ahmed ghamidi & Dr israr ahmed and offcourse dr amir liaqat hussain yeh woh loog hain jinki batoon mein sense hota haii and they force key both types of education is must for a person, Just digest this one for the time being will talk abt tlbanization and all in details.

Assalam O Alaikum

*Are You sure k madrassay bandh nahi ho rahay?
Mr.Musharaff Lolz
I Really Dont know k Mr.Musharaff ki yeh Policy kab aae k Madrasso main parhnay walay Students Ko Dosri Education bhi hasil karni chahiye
Ulta Unho ne poori Dunya k samnay Madraso ka Image kharab kar k paish kiya

2nd hamain Role Model Molvi k liye Mr.Qazi Hussain Ahmed Ko Kyun dekhna Chahiye
Kya Hum Islam main Molvi ka Kirdaar nahi jantay?
we have the best Example
Prophet Muhammad salalahu Alehi wa Alehi wasalam
i am not against Education
Education is Must
Chahay woh deeni ho ya Dunyawi
2nd i said K sab Ilzaam Islam pe ajata hain
Jo k non Muslims ka Propaganda hain
Abhi aap dekh lejeye
Zara Hijab pe baat kejeye
Mostly muslims Iskay Against hongay
This is where the problem is....!

Posted 10 Dec 2008

sun_shine says
charizmatic said:

u said har baat muslims pe ajati haii madrissay band ho rahay hein muslims specially pathan's ko terrorist label kerdia gaya haii, kabhi aap ne yeh socha musalmaan is haal ko pohnchay kyun, hum tu rule ker rahay they at one stage we were ruling the world phir yeh waqt kyun aya whose responsible, its muslim themselves who r responsible for thier downfall no america no india no israel nothing hum khud zimmaydar hain apnay is haal ke or yeh hamari harkaton ka nateeja hai ke aaj kahin duniya mein kutta bhi marjata hai tu ilzaam muslims pe laga dia jata haii cuz they know hum kuch nahi ker saktayy cuz we r not united, "Allah ki rassi ko mazboti se thamo or apas mein tafarqaa na daloo" kitna amal kiya hum ne is per ? "Ilm hasil kero chahayy tumhen china kyun na jana paray" kitna amal kiya hum ne is per ? china tu kahin ka kahin nikal gaya hum wahin kharay hain or abhi takkk isi baat pe larr rahay hain ke either we shud learn conventional education or just islamic education, Musalman ki zindagi Quran mein hai hum ne usko utha ker sab se onchi jagah rakh dia or samjhnay ki zehmat nai kii parhaa sab ne magar samjha kisi ne nahin aaj west isi Quran pe research ker ker kay science or technology mein kahan se kahan pohonch gayaa orr hum is baat pe larr rahay hain ke madrisson ka nisaab badal gayaa aaj agar musalman science technology, atomic research mein agay hotay or honest hotay tu majaal hai america ya india koi apni finger point ker sakta hamari taraf, HUM KHUD RESPONSIBLE HAIN APNI TABAHII KEY AND WE SHUD TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.

*this is what i am Saying
Ghalti hamari hain,Hum Islamic education se door hain Thats why
Non Muslims,Muslim Youth k minds ko change kar rahay hain aur us main woh kaafi hadd tak kamyaab ho gaye hain
hamain islam Ko Right tareekay se pesh karna Chahiye
yaa Right
Science and technology main bhi hamain aagay hona hain aur Islamic education main Bhi
This is just ka Political Plan from MQM
jo Karachi main Awaam Ko larwana chahti hain
Woh pathan and others ko aik doosray k khilaaf kar rahay hain
Just Because they Think its Talbanization...!
Posted 10 Dec 2008

sun_shine says
charizmatic said:

Now as far as targeting pathan's and talbanization is concerned well there are some madrrissa's masjid's and some areas where talbanization exist, not in entire karachi but govt shud have target those areas magar is tamam chakkar mein pathan's ko target kerna sab pathan's ko terrorist kehna this is totally wrongg, terrorist cud be a punjabi cud be a sindhi or cud be an urdu speaking kisi aik province key logon ko target kerna is really bad or aisa huwa hai karachi mein kyun huwa cuz we never use our brain, pathan, panjabi sindhii urdu speaking and many more r living in karachi from years and in past 5 6 years aisa koi issue nai huwa sab sath mil ker reh rahay they, jaan bojh ker pathan ko urdu speaking community se larwaya gayaa, baat sab wohi hai if we just start thinking like a pakistani rather then a sindhi or punjabi ya pathan tu sab kuch theek hojye " Sab se pehlay pakistan"

*Yess
We have to be united
we have to start from ourselves,our homes and Society
i want k koi Islam pe ungli na uthaye
Madrassa ek Muqadass jaga hain
jahan Islam ki talimaat sikhai jaati hain
usko Terrorist's home na kahay
Islam is A perfect way of life
Islam Ki talimaat ko Aam karna hamara Farz hain
For me 'Sab se pehlay Islam'...!

Posted 10 Dec 2008

fair enough.. i have nothing more to say.
Posted 12 Dec 2008

sun_shine says
Posted 18 Dec 2008

valandrian says
bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861
bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861
bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861bd43861
bd43861
Posted 20 May 2018

Reply to Topic