Saddam Hussein has been captured alive

3129 views 82 replies
Reply to Topic
~Fragi~

Total Posts: 64603

BREAKING NEWS
NBC News and news services
Updated: 7:56 a.m. ET Dec. 14, 2003BAGHDAD, Iraq - Eight months after the fall of his government, Saddam Hussein has been captured by coalition forces in Iraq, the United States confirmed on Sunday. The arrest was a major victory for the coalition that has been battling an insurgency for months.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we got him," L. Paul Bremer, the head of the U.S. administration in Iraq told a news conference.

Bremer described the arrest as a great day for Iraq. "The tyrant is a prisoner."

Earlier, the Iraqi Governing Council and British Prime Minister Tony Blair reported Saddam's capture.

The Governing Council said Saddam was captured in a joint operation by troops from the U.S.-led coalition and Kurdish Iraqi forces.

"He was wearing a fake beard and laboratory tests have proven his identity beyond any doubt," said the statement.
Reuters file
Saddam Hussein stands on a car in northern Baghdad on April 9 in the last available footage taken of the Iraqi dictator before he went underground following the fall of his capital to U.S.-led coalition forces on the same day.
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

U.S. officials said only that the U.S. military captured a man in the basement of a building in Tikrit during raids seeking Saddam and that initial efforts to verify his identity indicate he is the deposed Iraqi dictator.

It certainly looks good," one senior U.S. official said, cautioning more scientific testing, possibly DNA, was being done early Sunday morning to try to confirm the identity.

Separately, a U.S. official told NBC News that millions of dollars was found in possession of Saddam and his entourage when he was captured.

Capture
A U.S. official told the Associated Press that the captured man did not look like Saddam.

Trapped in a cellar, Saddam dug a hole and buried himself as U.S. soldiers moved into the house where he was hiding, an Iraqi official said Sunday.

"The American soldiers had to use shovels to dig him out," Entifadh Qanbar, spokesman for Governing Council member Ahmad Chalabi, told The Associated Press.

Qanbar, basing his account on reports from members of the U.S.-led occupation authority, said Saddam had a salt-and-pepper beard when he was captured. Soldiers photographed him, shaved the beard and photographed him again before running DNA tests, he said.

"The DNA test confirmed 100 percent Saddam Hussein's identity," he said.

Qanbar said the capture took place "in a town very close to Tikrit," Saddam's hometown 100 miles north of Baghdad.

Council member Dara Noor al-Din said the body was informed of the former dictator's capture in a telephone call from Bremer. "Bremer has confirmed to the Governing Council that Saddam was captured in Tikrit," Noor al-Din said. "He spoke on the phone to several members, including Ahmad Chalabi."

British welcome
British Prime Minister Tony Blair hailed Saddam's capture. "This is very good news for the people of Iraq. It removes the shadow that has been hanging over them for too long of the

nightmare of a return to the Saddam regime," he said in a statement released by his office.

"This fear is now removed," the statement continued. "It also gives an opportunity for Saddam to be tried in Iraqi courts for his crimes against the Iraqi people. We should try now to unite the whole of Iraq in rebuilding the country and offering it a new future."

Blair added, "I pay tribute to the work of the coalition intelligence and military forces in capturing him."

The prime minister faced substantial domestic opposition for his decision to commit British troops to the Iraq war and is sure to get a major political boost from the reported capture.

Rumors in Kirkuk
Earlier in the day, rumors of the capture sent people streaming into the streets of Kirkuk, a northern Iraqi city, firing guns in the air in celebration.

"We are celebrating like it's a wedding," said Kirkuk resident Mustapha Sheriff. "We are finally rid of that criminal."

"This is the joy of a lifetime," said Ali Al-Bashiri, another resident. "I am speaking on behalf of all the people that suffered under his rule."

NBC News correspondents, the Associated Press and Reuters contributed to this story.
Posted 14 Dec 2003

IMAN says
slik chik said:

IMAN said:

slik chik said:

yo folks, its da real deal people! y does everybody think that its impossible to cathc a person?
get real people! have u guys seen da video? duh!
n as for the fake sadams, well, there might be sum but tink bout it, u tink dat after sadam is a total goner and has no importance now, they wud still be goin roundbeing loyal to him! noway man, they only did it fo da money if they did exist! hard to think that they loved the guy!
sum of u seem to be in favour of sadam as if he hasnt done nothin! dont foget people, hes the reason for the innocent 2.5 to 3 million lives lost during his reign!
a bastard like him doesnt deserve anything less thaN being sent to the gallows!
n sum people considered him a murdh ka bucha! hahahah! as if! if he had a bit of shame, dignity and selfrespect, he wud have killed himself before letting the usa army capture him! now hes looking like the most embarrased fool in them video footages! i duno bout america and all, but the point is that, no matter wat anybody sez, the americans are nowhere near as bad as sadam! i agree they wanted to get something outa this but honestly speaking, they dont have the guts to stoop down to sadams level, becuz, if they do so, there own public will be the first to go against them!

you don't know the truth...no one does ..about what really happened..okay so don't say all thouse bad stuff about him...u know all shias are aginst saddam and all sunni are really sad right now....shias say that he was a bad guy n sunni's really like him now no one knows what the real truth is except allah....and about why didn't he kill himself before getting captured u know i was wondering the same thing but then u know what they did they knew he is hiding there they did't get him right away when they found out ...saddam's daughter said the soldiers were spraying gas from which saddam was not able to do anything he is old now yaar his two sons died now that's a big TRAGEDY okay...leave the guy alone...were muslims and we r saying bad stuff about him we don't know what he went through the bad thing is why did he get captured i don't know about u ppl but i feel really sorry for him i dind't wanted this to happen....n SADDAM was a brave man...he was in a military...he was the prime minister of iraq for 30 years....aur agar saadam ney log marey hain tu kya bush ney kam marey hain by attacking afghanistan for no damn reason!!

and kuhdkushi is HAram agar apney app ko marta tu haram ki mot marta.. I feel sorry for him... He looks so old and weak. Allah help him if hes innocent.

I STILL HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR HIM WAT SO EVER!
HES A MUSLIM, DAT DONT MEAN HE CAN GO AROUND KILLING PEOPLE AND EXPECT TO GAIN SYMPATHY AFTERWARDS!

N WAT DO U MEAN IMAAN, I DONT KNOW WAT HAPPENED!EVERYBODY KNOWS WAT HAPPENED.I HAVE FAMILY FRNDZ HERE IN IRELAND WHO ARE FROM IRAQ AND WHO HAVE LOST HALF OF THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS DUE TO SADAMS CRUELTY! ONE OF THERE SISTERS DAUGHTER WAS RAPED AND THEN KILLED BY ONE OF SADAMS SONS AND HIS MEN!
WUD U STILL PITY HIM AND SAY AWWWW, DATS OK, MY DAUGHTER IS DEAD NOW, HES A HUMAN BEING AND HES A MUSLIM!
IF U START PITYING ALL MUSLIMS JUSS FOR THE REASON THAT THEY R MUSLIMS, DEN WAT THE HELL DO WE NEED THE JAILS AND POLICE FOR?
SURE, WE'L JUSS LET EVERYONE GO ON A KILLING SPREE AND LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE THEY R MUSLIMS!

ALLAH HAS THE SAME PUNISHMENT FOR MUSLIMS AS HE HAS FOR NON MUSLIMS FOR COMMITING SUCH SINFUL ACTS!

ITS VERY EASY TO TALK ABOUT FORGIVNESS IMAAN BUT, IF U THINK BOUT IT IN RELATION TO URSELF, THATS WEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH!
AND DONT FORGETS, ITS A GUNNAH TO LET SOMEONE GET AWAY WITH MISTREATING U ASWELL!AND IM NOT JUSS BULLsh*tTING FROM MASELF, I WAS TOLD THAT BY MY AUNT, WHO HAPPENS TO BE AN ALLIMA!

SUM OF U GUYS REALLY DO AMAZE ME! SHEESH!

Okay you know what I’ll agree with what u said that saddam has done bad stuff okay but listen 4get about what he is done …hai tu wo eik insaan hai my friend aur dhook yeh hota hai ke wo pakra kyon gaya …n I thing everything that ppl say saadam has done its really not him it was his sons….aur agar saddam ney borey kam ke yeh hain tu achey bhi tu ke yeh hongey na I would never prey for someone to get hurt or to get kelled no matter how bad they are cuase u never knew ALLAH ki nazar mein maybe saddam bohat acha ho you neverknow okay…you can’t say he has done so much bad stuff so he is bad ….maybe he did do some good deeds too don’t juss look at person’s negative side or start saying bad stuff about the person who u don’t actually know ….and now say whatever u want to about saddam im not saying nothing….but u know what don’t say nothing about OSAMA BIN LADEN …he wanted peace and he still wants peace for phalstine ppl from America … but I know ur gonna say what kind of way is this t get peace …but this is the real way to get pieces..phalestine mein itney log martey hain torey saey trade center mein mar gaiy tu kaun se qayamat agiy….what ever is happeing in phalestine is it cause og osama…NO…cuz of saddam…NO its cause of isreal …isreal never wants peace ….u sound like ur in favor of America….or any related country to that…okay if saddam was killing is own ppl…who the hell cares it was his country he was the prime minister why the hell was America getting so hyped up for America bombed his country for know damn reason…he had no weapons. America took all of iraq’s oil..aurs saddam sey bhi bohrey log duniya mein aiy hain…me n u we can’t judge know one its only allah..

Posted 18 Dec 2003

ImaN ji                               

SLIK man i don't know how you can hate osama bin laden all my muslim sisters and bro's love him..this ain't cuz of osama u want peace well u know what u ain't getting peace no where this world was a disaster even before osama man you think your the smartest one here about you guys amaze me whats amazing huh your one of thouse poeple even if there wrong they will never say there wrong yoo don't talk man your talking nonsense tu ghuda nahin hai jo yeh patey ga key saddam guilty hai yaan nahin maybe u'll go to HELL and saddam will go to heaven who knows i'll be the first one laughing

and i can't believe some people on this forum are so quiet and listeinig to your nonsense yoo talk guyz ....your scared of em or what

btw iman gi your a devdasy hey i'm devdas
how about it..lol
Posted 18 Dec 2003

slik chik says
IMAN said:

slik chik said:

IMAN said:

slik chik said:

yo folks, its da real deal people! y does everybody think that its impossible to cathc a person?
get real people! have u guys seen da video? duh!
n as for the fake sadams, well, there might be sum but tink bout it, u tink dat after sadam is a total goner and has no importance now, they wud still be goin roundbeing loyal to him! noway man, they only did it fo da money if they did exist! hard to think that they loved the guy!
sum of u seem to be in favour of sadam as if he hasnt done nothin! dont foget people, hes the reason for the innocent 2.5 to 3 million lives lost during his reign!
a bastard like him doesnt deserve anything less thaN being sent to the gallows!
n sum people considered him a murdh ka bucha! hahahah! as if! if he had a bit of shame, dignity and selfrespect, he wud have killed himself before letting the usa army capture him! now hes looking like the most embarrased fool in them video footages! i duno bout america and all, but the point is that, no matter wat anybody sez, the americans are nowhere near as bad as sadam! i agree they wanted to get something outa this but honestly speaking, they dont have the guts to stoop down to sadams level, becuz, if they do so, there own public will be the first to go against them!

you don't know the truth...no one does ..about what really happened..okay so don't say all thouse bad stuff about him...u know all shias are aginst saddam and all sunni are really sad right now....shias say that he was a bad guy n sunni's really like him now no one knows what the real truth is except allah....and about why didn't he kill himself before getting captured u know i was wondering the same thing but then u know what they did they knew he is hiding there they did't get him right away when they found out ...saddam's daughter said the soldiers were spraying gas from which saddam was not able to do anything he is old now yaar his two sons died now that's a big TRAGEDY okay...leave the guy alone...were muslims and we r saying bad stuff about him we don't know what he went through the bad thing is why did he get captured i don't know about u ppl but i feel really sorry for him i dind't wanted this to happen....n SADDAM was a brave man...he was in a military...he was the prime minister of iraq for 30 years....aur agar saadam ney log marey hain tu kya bush ney kam marey hain by attacking afghanistan for no damn reason!!

and kuhdkushi is HAram agar apney app ko marta tu haram ki mot marta.. I feel sorry for him... He looks so old and weak. Allah help him if hes innocent.

I STILL HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR HIM WAT SO EVER!
HES A MUSLIM, DAT DONT MEAN HE CAN GO AROUND KILLING PEOPLE AND EXPECT TO GAIN SYMPATHY AFTERWARDS!

N WAT DO U MEAN IMAAN, I DONT KNOW WAT HAPPENED!EVERYBODY KNOWS WAT HAPPENED.I HAVE FAMILY FRNDZ HERE IN IRELAND WHO ARE FROM IRAQ AND WHO HAVE LOST HALF OF THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS DUE TO SADAMS CRUELTY! ONE OF THERE SISTERS DAUGHTER WAS RAPED AND THEN KILLED BY ONE OF SADAMS SONS AND HIS MEN!
WUD U STILL PITY HIM AND SAY AWWWW, DATS OK, MY DAUGHTER IS DEAD NOW, HES A HUMAN BEING AND HES A MUSLIM!
IF U START PITYING ALL MUSLIMS JUSS FOR THE REASON THAT THEY R MUSLIMS, DEN WAT THE HELL DO WE NEED THE JAILS AND POLICE FOR?
SURE, WE'L JUSS LET EVERYONE GO ON A KILLING SPREE AND LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE THEY R MUSLIMS!

ALLAH HAS THE SAME PUNISHMENT FOR MUSLIMS AS HE HAS FOR NON MUSLIMS FOR COMMITING SUCH SINFUL ACTS!

ITS VERY EASY TO TALK ABOUT FORGIVNESS IMAAN BUT, IF U THINK BOUT IT IN RELATION TO URSELF, THATS WEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH!
AND DONT FORGETS, ITS A GUNNAH TO LET SOMEONE GET AWAY WITH MISTREATING U ASWELL!AND IM NOT JUSS BULLsh*tTING FROM MASELF, I WAS TOLD THAT BY MY AUNT, WHO HAPPENS TO BE AN ALLIMA!

SUM OF U GUYS REALLY DO AMAZE ME! SHEESH!

Okay you know what I’ll agree with what u said that saddam has done bad stuff okay but listen 4get about what he is done …hai tu wo eik insaan hai my friend aur dhook yeh hota hai ke wo pakra kyon gaya …n I thing everything that ppl say saadam has done its really not him it was his sons….aur agar saddam ney borey kam ke yeh hain tu achey bhi tu ke yeh hongey na I would never prey for someone to get hurt or to get kelled no matter how bad they are cuase u never knew ALLAH ki nazar mein maybe saddam bohat acha ho you neverknow okay…you can’t say he has done so much bad stuff so he is bad ….maybe he did do some good deeds too don’t juss look at person’s negative side or start saying bad stuff about the person who u don’t actually know ….and now say whatever u want to about saddam im not saying nothing….but u know what don’t say nothing about OSAMA BIN LADEN …he wanted peace and he still wants peace for phalstine ppl from America … but I know ur gonna say what kind of way is this t get peace …but this is the real way to get pieces..phalestine mein itney log martey hain torey saey trade center mein mar gaiy tu kaun se qayamat agiy….what ever is happeing in phalestine is it cause og osama…NO…cuz of saddam…NO its cause of isreal …isreal never wants peace ….u sound like ur in favor of America….or any related country to that…okay if saddam was killing is own ppl…who the hell cares it was his country he was the prime minister why the hell was America getting so hyped up for America bombed his country for know damn reason…he had no weapons. America took all of iraq’s oil..aurs saddam sey bhi bohrey log duniya mein aiy hain…me n u we can’t judge know one its only allah..

aur agar saddam ney borey kam ke yeh hain tu achey bhi tu ke yeh hongey oh my god, saddam nein achay kaam keyay hongay?
toubaa, agar uss ne uchay kaam keyay htay, den ya tink da people in his country would be celebrating his capture the way they were, distributing sweets n all!
noway, and onemorw thing, u never answered any of the questions i put to u in ma pot above.ur juss repeating the same things.answer those questions first and then move onto sumthing else.

n ome more thing, wat in the name of god are u saying.allah ke nazar mein maybe saddam bohot acha admee tha? i mean, sure ill try n beat his score of 2.5 to 3 miillion people and kill 4 million people, n maybe ill be a one of the people in allahs good books aswell! is that wat ur trying to say imaan?
ur sayin maybe he did do sum good deeds too! yeah sure, he probably did, wen he was like 10 yrs old!i can put the same question to u in a reverse format,n tell u that he did a whole load of bad and cruel things..........dont juss judge him by his good side(doubt he has one). wat then? wud u agree with me or not?

n a very good point u made about not saying anything bad about a person i dontm know, well, u didnt personally know hitler, so can i guess u admired him then? or wat about arial sharon? maybe that basterd is actually an angel who really does want peace!
wat then huh? wud that change ur approach towards these guys aswell.if u put bush and blair in the same situation, wud u start liking them aswell! no, u never will, cuz i hate every single one of them out there myself!

okie an as for osama the angel, u say he wants peace and he wants to liberate the people of palestine? imean, who doesnt. but wat puts him in the bad books with me is that hes using the wrong methods of peace!. okie, lets take osama as an example, he wants the sharia law ti be implemented in every single country for muslims, right? okie, islam sez suicide is a very big sin, then y is he encouraging suicide bombers?
islam does not permit the killing of innocent people, who have not harmdd u directly. wat did they do? kiiled the people on those planes and the people in the trade centre towers.
islamically, physical fight or war is the last option that u should use and that too only for defense wen ur life is in danger, but these guys make it as if violence is the only way preacherd to us by islam.they try n solve everything with violence.if violence was the way that worked, kashmir would have been liberated, palestine would have been liberated! but do u see any of these things happening? no! u dont!
yet still, they encourage hatred against all non muslims, they wana try n solve everything with a gun in there hands.y is it that no other religion in the world is thought of so harshly as islam is now? y do the other religions respect one another enuf not to have hard feelings for one another? thats simply becuz islam has been given an image of a terrorising religion, a belief that runs on fear, by people thike these who r also called extremists.
a beautiful religion like islam, which originally the most peacful of all the religions, with no cast barriers etc, a religion that was the first to give women the freedom they had never sought, the respect they had never dreamt of.islam is a religion that radiates love, even towards the non believers.
i only recently found out from my relative who is an alim, that islamically, u are not allowed to say anything bad about any of the other religions.this was the way our prophet (saw) approached it.
no, how many of them do u think are following the true sunnah ways, the real sharia laws.not even one of them.
y do u think they r not successful in approaching the non muslims in a way that they can inspire them towards islam, simply becuz they dont wish to explain thing in the way those other people can relate to it. our prphet (saw) was cosidered a very modern man in his time, with a new belief, a new concept of life and a way of living, he attracted people towards islam by giving them examples of things they could relate to, they were made to understand things at their own level and ability to absorb things. how many of these guys do u see who go about it this way? very small amount of them. i know a couple of people who r going around spreading or atleast making their best efforts to spread islam in the way that our prophet (saw) would have approached it, and im not amazed that they have converted over 200 people into islam in the last 4 yrs.
i dont wish to argue with any of u out there, becuz u all seem to think bout things very egotisticaly, sorry to say, but u dont approach things realistically, so to understand the real situation. because in order spread islam, u have to interact with the non muslims, and if u dont interact, how r u going to make n affort to convert them to islam. the prophet (saw) was sent by allah to spread his word to the non muslims, and thats the first priority of any muslim who truly believes in allah.
now, if u guys think that hating non muslims for the reason that they r not members of our religion the right way to go about it, then so be it!
but thats not the way i think, and im glad of it!

Posted 18 Dec 2003

slik chik says
handsome_gujjar said:

ImaN ji                                 

SLIK man i don't know how you can hate osama bin laden all my muslim sisters and bro's love him..this ain't cuz of osama u want peace well u know what u ain't getting peace no where this world was a disaster even before osama man you think your the smartest one here about you guys amaze me whats amazing huh your one of thouse poeple even if there wrong they will never say there wrong yoo don't talk man your talking nonsense tu ghuda nahin hai jo yeh patey ga key saddam guilty hai yaan nahin maybe u'll go to HELL and saddam will go to heaven who knows i'll be the first one laughing

and i can't believe some people on this forum are so quiet and listeinig to your nonsense yoo talk guyz ....your scared of em or what

btw iman gi your a devdasy hey i'm devdas
how about it..lol

dude, i neva sed i was the smartest one here, but from reading ur immature reply, i know one thing for sure now, that im definately smarter than u!
Posted 18 Dec 2003

someone agree finally slik chik write this topic on news paper
Posted 18 Dec 2003

SibS says
enlightenment is the only way,for all u people to smile and stop fighting,and iam sure the full world will be enlighted by 2012.dont worry, there wont be any more fights based on leadership or religion,no more wars ,all we be happy forever.i can assure u that.
Posted 19 Dec 2003

slik chik says
shahrukh khan said:

someone agree finally slik chik write this topic on news paper

get bent dude!
Posted 19 Dec 2003

new_beau says
Posted 19 Dec 2003

new_beau says
Posted 19 Dec 2003

new_beau says
Posted 19 Dec 2003

new_beau says
new_beau37974.9025231482
Posted 19 Dec 2003

new_beau says
Posted 19 Dec 2003

new_beau says
Posted 19 Dec 2003

slik chik kya hoi
Posted 20 Dec 2003

madmax says
yaar saddam ho ya na ho kya farak parta hai rahnay bhi do ab us ko
Posted 21 Dec 2003

~Fragi~ says
madmax said:

yaar saddam ho ya na ho kya farak parta hai rahnay bhi do ab us ko

yeah hamari lives per directly to effect nahi kar raha na ... yeh event
Posted 25 Dec 2003

osama is good he is against americans, they will never find him.
Posted 26 Dec 2003

legbfour says
May be he is already dead. And any way what did he achieved anyway .Life for muslims is even more harder all over the world.
Posted 03 Jan 2004

madmax says
nope kuch bhi nahi howa hay muslims kay sath chul rehnay day

and may be ka matlab shaid so ho sakhta hay woh zinda hoo hmmmmmm
Posted 03 Jan 2004

legbfour says
You have selected ur location as afghanistan, which i know is not true but if it is then u shall know what has happened to the muslims there.
Posted 04 Jan 2004

valandrian says
bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493
bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493
bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493bd23493
bd23493
Posted 26 Apr 2018

Posted 01 Oct 2018

Reply to Topic