Path of Exile Got Me Hooked

74 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
pathofexile

Total Posts: 0

If you thinking about trying out PoE, and what are some things you should know going in? Things that drew me to PoE and got me hooked:

Options - you can make a berserker an archer, a templar a caster, a ranger a melee character. You can do just about anything you want with any of the classes. You do have the option to reroll a characters skill points, but it can get expensive so it's worth doing your research before you start throwing points into the tree. 

Skill Tree - There's SO much you can do with the skill tree. While the meta slaves will tell you there's realistically only a few paths that make sense, this game is such that you don't HAVE to go with the meta to do the content and have fun. I was initially overwhelmed with the skill tree, because I didn't realize that the entire thing housed all classes. 

Trading - My favorite part about Diablo 2 LoD wasn't getting to the end game and killing Ubers. It was the economy. However even that got to a point where you couldn't do anything with your PoE buy items you'd obtained except say you had them. The currency in this game is actually crafting material. 

Fresh content - In the last year, this game has had a major overhaul of the acts, adding 6 new ones to the game (some layouts/chars recycled, but new acts nonetheless) added a bunch of new maps, and brand new atlas progression system, another big bad to the story line. There are constantly new unique items added that can completely change the way a skill or entire build is typically played.

I feel I've only briefly summarized the greatness of this game. Hope you enjoy your stay. Say one more thing, at U4GM, you can gather more PoE Orbs cheap

Posted 27 Apr 2018

Reply to Topic