•The people who remain glued

125 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
DMT

Total Posts: 2216

Television is an inevitable source of entertainment in many American households. A recent study by the A.C. Nielsen Co. reveals that an
average American watches up to 4 hours of TV every day Cheap Anaheim Ducks Jersey , which means that he spends about 2 months uninterrupted in a year for watching TV. Taking this into account, a man living
a 65 year lifespan probably spends 9 years continuously in watching Television.
These are huge figures which show how much television is influencing our day to
day life. The electronic gadget has integrated itself into our lifestyle and it
is changing the way we think, how we behave and the way we
dress.

While spending enormous amount of time in front of the television Cheap Arizona Coyotes Jersey , we should be thoughtful about how it affects our health and daily routine. Just like how we are aware of the numerous
benefits of television, so should we be mindful of the negative aspects related
to TV viewing. Watching TV continuously for long hours can prove to be
disastrous as it leads to many health problems like the
following.

•Watching television from a very close distance can harm your eyes. A research by the Canadian Association of Optometrists (CAO) states
that watching TV continuously for long hours from a close distance can cause
strain for your eyes and mental fatigue. It will lead to poor and blurred
vision. So while you sit for watching TV you should ensure two things. The first
thing is that the room should have proper lighting. A room that is dimly lit or
that is too bright is bad for your eyes. You must not watch television wearing
sunglasses. The second thing is that you should watch TV from a safe distance.
The distance between you and the TV should be about five times your TV screen’s
width.

•If you are a couch potato, then there are more chances for you to become obese as sitting for hours on end in front of the television disturbs
your body metabolism. A study by the Stanford University of Medicine shows that
while watching television Cheap Boston Bruins Jersey , people tend to eat more and develop unhealthy food eating habits on seeing the various advertisements. Statistics
reveal that about 66% of the Americans regularly view TV while having their
dinner. So there is no wonder why half the population is obese! It is very
customary to relish on the junk foods like burgers and pizzas while watching
television. So be careful with your diet the next time you choose to eat while
watching television.

•The children are becoming more addicted to the television. On an average, a child watches TV for about 1680 minutes per week
according to A.C. Nielsen Co. The children try to imitate the characters they
see on television and presume them to be real. There is a rise in the aggressive
behavior among children as they are being exposed to acts of violence in
television. Children who watch television for long hours have a poor mental and
intellectual development. TV viewing dulls the children’s brains and leads to
deterioration of their mental capabilities. So you need to have a control on
your kid’s TV viewing habits. You can limit the time the children spend on
watching television and it is better to watch TV along with your children. I got
the parental control feature on my FiOS TV which enables me to have control over
the timings and the content my kids watch.

•The people who remain glued to the television become more isolated and lose interaction with the family
members and friends. Watching television continuously will deprive you of your
sleep as the rays emitted from the TV screen are powerful.

We shouldn’t allow the television to take control of our lives and make us addicted
to it. You can plan and fix schedules for watching television for everyone in
your home. TV viewing can turn to be a delightful experience if you develop
healthy TV viewing habits.
KOBE, Japan Cheap Buffalo Sabres Jersey , Sept. 22 (Xinhua) -- Chinese paddlers Liu Shiwen and Wu Yang both won the second round of group games at 2013 women's
table tennis World Cup here Sunday morning, making to the final eight in
advance.

The world top-ranked player Liu overcame Singapore's Yu Mengyu with hardship. After losing the first three sets in succession, Liu pulled back four sets
continuously.

"I was inconsiderate at the beginning of the match Cheap Calgary Flames Jersey , while she (Yu) performed well, which made me feel a little irritable," Liu told Xinhua after the race.

"After trailed by three sets Cheap Carolina Hurricanes Jersey , I tried to calm my emotion and gradually found the appropriate rhythm."

While Wu Yang, the 21-year-old player, defeated Hirano Sayaka from the host country 11-5 Cheap Chicago Blackhawks Jersey , 11-7, 8-11, 11-9 Cheap Colorado Avalanche Jersey , 11-6. Wu felt content about her performance and hoped to go much further in the succeeding rounds.

Liu and Wu both won the first two rounds after Sunday morning's matches, which helped them reach the quarter-finals scheduled in the afternoon in
advance.

TIANJIN, Feb. 7 (Xinhua) -- Zhengzhou, capital of central China's Henan Province, is "the most romantic city" in China, according to a list compiled by
Amazon China.

The list is based on sales of books on "romantic" subjects, such as love and marriage, from 50 cities in China.

Baotou in northern China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region and Shaoxing of eastern China's Zhejiang Province ranked second and third respectively on Amazon
China's 2016 list, released Tuesday.

Figures show that of the top ten "most romantic cities," six are located in China's southern areas, mostly in the provinces of Jiangsu and Zhejiang, both in
the lower reaches of the Yangtze River.

It is the second time that Zhengzhou took the top spot on the list. The favorite book of Zhengzhou readers is "Love O2O" by Gu Man.

ABUJA, May 10 (Xinhua) -- Police authorities in Nigeria on Tuesday confirmed that five riot policemen were killed. Jerseys For Cheap   Jerseys Cheap   Jerseys China   NCAA Jerseys Wholesale   Jerseys Wholesale   Jerseys From China   Jerseys Cheap   Jerseys Free Shipping   Jerseys From China   NFL Football Jerseys Cheap 

Posted 25 Aug 2018

Reply to Topic