.For my soul is f

93 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
tujue

Total Posts: 0

British Prime Minister Theresa May gathered her ministers Thursday on the eve of a major speech on
Brexit Ezekiel
Elliott Jersey
 , seeking to restore cabinet unity after a damaging
intervention by Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson.

May flew home with Johnson overnight from New York, where they had attended the UN General Assembly, landing at dawn before holding a special cabinet
meeting in Downing Street.

The prime minister is hoping a speech in Florence on Friday will break the deadlock in negotiations with the EU, six months after she began the two-year
countdown to Britain's withdrawal.

May will also be seeking to unite her own government, after Johnson's decision to publish his own vision of Brexit last weekend highlighted the
differences between ministers.

The foreign secretary was later forced to deny reports he was considering resigning if May took a different approach, telling reporters at the UN that the
cabinet was as unified as a "nest of singing birds."

A fourth round of talks with the European Commission is due to start next week, after the last session in August broke up without significant progress.

Brussels is hoping May will break the logjam with an offer on Britain's financial settlement, one of the most contentious issues of the talks.

The Financial Times reported that she would offer to honor Britain's contributions to the EU budget until the end of the current period in 2020 -
after Britain leaves the bloc in March 2019.

Further details are also expected on a transitional deal, between Britain's exit and the implementation of new trading arrangements with the EU.

May met a number of EU leaders in New York this week, including French President Emmanuel Macron, Italian Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni and Dutch
Premier Mark Rutte.

She told British media that while Brexit negotiations were being conducted by the European Commission, the bloc's executive arm, the ultimate decision would
be taken by the other 27 heads of government.

"The negotiations are structured within the EU so of course the Council [of leaders] has delegated with a mandate to the commission, and the commission has
appointed Michel Barnier," she was quoted as saying.

"But the decision will always be one that will be taken by the leaders."

However, EU officials have previously warned against attempts to "divide and rule" the bloc, which has so far shown remarkable unity on the issue of Brexit.

I got a phone call recently that no pastor wants to get; a man in my church had suffered a massive heart attack and it didn?? look good at all. Four hours
after I got to the hospital to be with the family, he died. You can imagine the
grief. This man and his wife had experienced a lot of grief over the years. I
was reminded they lost a child when I saw them weeping over his grave after the
woman?? father was buried just a few months ago. I stood with this couple beside
another casket when their daughter in law was killed in an automobile accident a
few weeks ago. And now this precious lady who loves the Lord was dealing with
the loss of her husband of thirty three years. She asked me a question as we
stood in that hospital waiting room: ??hey say God won?? put on you more than
you can bear. But, does God know when you??e hanging on by a thread???br >

Sometimes it doesn?? seem like God knows how we feel or what we??e going through. There are times when we don?? think we can make it. The Bible is filled
with God?? people who felt that way. The Psalmist said, ?? Lord, God of my
salvation, I have cried out day and night before you. . . .For my soul is full
of troubles and my life draws near to the grave. . . .I am like a man who has no
strength, adrift among the dead, like the slain who lie in the grave, who you
remember no more??(Ps. 88:1 5). These are vivid pictures if you think about
them. David himself cried out, ?? am weary with my groaning; all night I make my
bed swim; I drench my couch with my tears??(Ps. 6:6). More than once he felt
like God had abandoned him. That?? the context of the chorus we sing from his
words: ??s the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O
God??(Ps. 42:1). He was in a desert of depression and felt there was no way out.
That?? why he said ??y tears have been my food day and night, while they
continually say to me, ??here is your God??? (v. 3)? When you have nothing to
eat but your own tears, you??e hanging on by a thread.

And yes, God knows that. The very fact verses like these are all over the Bible tells us that God
knows how we feel and has not abandoned us. When we??e hammered by hurts He is
with us and we actually have an endless supply of grace from which to draw in
time of need. That?? why Paul said, ??o trial has overtaken you but such as is
common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tested beyond
what you are able, but with the trial will provide the way of escape also, that
you may be able to endure it??(1 Cor. 10:13). (This verse applies to trials or
temptations).

Now, these troubles are ??ommon to man.??Paul?? first word of encouragement is that we are not alone in our affliction. What we experience
is experienced by others. We need not feel our burden is such that no one has
ever faced the same.

But Paul also says something about God and His faithfulness to us. Despite the fact that winds of adversity blow, God does not
forget those whom He loves. He knows there are times when you??e hanging on by a
thread but ??ill not allow you to be tested beyond what you are able??to bear.
He will not allow a weight upon you that you cannot endure by His strength and
grace. He will not test you beyond your ability and the help you have in
Christ.

God is the one who actually provides ??he way of escape.??The picture here is that of a ship on a raging sea in the midst of a fierce storm.
The vessel is bouncing a. Cheap
Jerseys China
   Cheap
Jerseys
Wholesale
   Cheap
Jerseys China
   Cheap
Wholesale Jerseys
   Cheap
Authentic Jerseys
   Cheap