Brooks Reed Jersey

81 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
douhua2233

Total Posts: 0

NAPA Brooks Reed Jersey , Calif. (AP) Oakland Raiders cornerback Gareon Conley is dealing with another training camp injury and is expected to miss at least two
weeks because of a hip strain.
Conley has not practiced since the first day of training camp last week and only made a brief appearance Monday while the rest of the team worked out in
pads.
Raiders coach Jon Gruden did not specify how long Conley’s recovery will take, but it seems certain that the 24th overall pick in 2017 will at least sit
out the team’s first preseason game against Detroit on Aug. 10.
”I don’t have a time frame,” Gruden said. ”I think that (two weeks) would be a fair assessment, yes.”
For the 23-year-old Conley, it has to feel like deja vu after missing all of training camp as a rookie because of shin injury that lingered into the regular
season.
Oakland’s first-round draft pick a year ago, Conley played in only two games last season and showed his potential when he made a stellar leaping breakup of a
pass against the Jets in Week 2. But he never fully recovered from the injury
and was placed on injured reserve in November.
Conley arrived in Napa last week hopeful of claiming a starting spot in Oakland’s revamped secondary. In a tweet the night before the first practice, he
wrote: ”Praying for a healthy camp and a healthy season for me and all my
brothas.”
Conley got off to a good start, making an athletic play Friday to break up a pass in 7-on-7 drills after initially getting beat on an inside move. He left
practice not long after that and has yet to return.
His absence comes as the Raiders are installing a new system under defensive coordinator Paul Guenther.
Guenther said he was optimistic that Conley won’t be out too long and noted that his absence has opened up opportunities for other players.
”We have a lot of guys working out there at corner. It’s going to be a good battle to see who come out of it,” Guenther said. ”We’re going to try to get him
back on the field and make sure he’s in the meeting room taking notes and
understanding that he’s not getting behind with the techniques of what we’re
teaching.”
While Conley recovers Jason McCourty Jersey , Daryl Worley has been practicing at right cornerback with the starting defense. Veteran Rashaan Melvin is on the left
side.
Asked if he was concerned about Conley’s injury, Gruden paused.
”I don’t know if concerned is the word. I think disappointed is the word,” Gruden said. ”He comes out to start training camp, he’s in superb shape, he
makes a great play and he gets a setback. Hopefully he comes back sooner than
later. Disappointed is the big word I think. His heart is broken. He’s put a lot
into this and he knows he has to stay healthy and get out there for us because
we need him.”
NOTES: RB Jalen Richard missed a second consecutive practice with a calf injury, although it’s not considered serious. … G Ian Silberman got extensive
work at right tackle with both the first- and second-team offenses. … RT Donald
Penn, second-round pick P.J. Hall, DT Eddie Vanderdoes, RB Chris Warren and G
Cameron Hunt were held out of practice.

Aaron Nola will get to pitch in front of his home fans in Philadelphia a final time Wednesday before he likely gets the chance to pitch in the All-Star
Game later this month.
Nola will be on the mound as the Phillies close out a brief Patrick Kerney Jersey , two-game set with the Baltimore Orioles at Citizens Bank Park. The game, which is Philadelphia’s final home contest before the
All-Star break, will start at 4:05 p.m. on the holiday.
Nola (10-2, 2.48 ERA) has been dominant all season for the Phillies, but he has been especially good at home. The 25-year-old is 7-0 with a 1.77 ERA and
0.911 WHIP in eight starts at Citizens Bank Park this season.
Nola, who has never pitched against Baltimore, has not surrendered more than three earned runs in any of those home starts. Last Thursday, he gave up one run
on five hits and two walks and struck out eight in 7 2/3 innings against the
Washington Nationals. Nola got the win in the Phillies’ 4-3 victory.
“I actually thought he got stronger as he inched towards the end of the game,” Phillies manager Gabe Kapler told MLB.com regarding Nola. “Even there in
the last inning Lorenzo Carter Jersey , somewhere around that 105-pitch mark, it almost seemed like he was getting sharper.”
The Phillies are 29-16 at home after Tuesday night’s 3-2 win against the Orioles. Philadelphia has more home wins than any team in the National League,
but after Wednesday the club won’t play at Citizens Bank Park again until July
The Phillies will try to get their 30th home win of the season against Orioles rookie Yefry Ramirez.
A right-hander, Ramirez (0-1, 2.89) will be making just the second start of his major league career. The 24-year-old went 4 1/3 innings against the Boston
Red Sox on June 13, giving up three runs on four hits while striking out six in
his first start.
Ramirez threw five scoreless innings of relief against the Seattle Mariners last Thursday in his only other big league appearance. He had a 3.88 ERA and
averaged 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings in 14 starts with Triple-A Norfolk this
season.
“I don’t want to broadcast it for the other team, but the changeup,” Orioles manager Buck Showalter told the Baltimore Sun when speaking about Ramirez’s
strong points. “Hitters are so much more in swing mode, so to speak Rickey Jackson Jersey , up here. It’s because they’re good hitters. That’s why they’re in the big leagues. … He’s having a good year down there.”
The Orioles have lost eight of their last nine games and are 0-2 against the Phillies this season. At 24-60 they have the worst record in baseball. Baltimore
did not lose its 60th game of the 2017 season until Aug. 13.
Philadelphia, meanwhile, has won three games in a row and five of its last six. At 46-37, the Phillies have a chance to go 10 games over .500 for the first
time this season with another win.
Wednesday marks the third straight season the Phillies have played a home game on the Fourth of July. They lost to the Pittsburgh Pirates on the holiday
last year.
 Philadelphia Eagles Elite Jerseys

Posted 17 Sep 2018

Reply to Topic