Drew Kaser Jersey

84 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
douhua2233

Total Posts: 0

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A rough preseason had people doubting Nick Foles again.
The Super Bowl MVP is used to criticism and he’s ready to lead the defending champion Philadelphia Eagles in the season opener against the Atlanta Falcons on
Thursday night.
Foles was the toast of the town after spectacular performances in the NFC championship game against Minnesota and the Super Bowl victory over New England.
But he didn’t lead the offense to any points on 14 drives in two preseason
games Drew Kaser Jersey , threw two interceptions, lost two fumbles and got sacked six times, including a safety.
“I went out there and played,” Foles said Tuesday. “I made mistakes. I did good things. I grew as a player. That’s important. I wasn’t trying to play it
safe and with that you are going to make mistakes. Obviously, it isn’t fun, but
you get to watch film and deal with the emotions of throwing a pick, having a
strip-sack, and I dealt with it in the preseason and keep learning from it and
move forward.”
Foles replaced Carson Wentz after the franchise quarterback tore two knee ligaments in Week 14 last season. He rallied the Eagles to a victory over the
Los Angeles Rams to clinch the NFC East and played well in his first five
quarters. He struggled in the next five and some critics suggested Foles should
be benched for Nate Sudfeld for the division playoff game against Atlanta. Coach
Doug Pederson never lost confidence in Foles, and it paid off when he helped the
Eagles win their first NFL title since 1960.
Foles had a 115.7 passer rating, completed 72.6 percent of his passes and threw for 971 yards, six TDs and one interception in the playoffs.
Which version of Foles will show up this week?
“I think everyone tries to figure out sports. Sports Rick Leonard Jersey , you never know,” Foles said. “You go out there and play, you give everything you have. I think there’s plenty of games that are middle
ground that I’ve played.
“Now my middle ground is if I throw one touchdown, no interceptions, it’s a bad game. I’ve set that bar high. I know that because I expect more for myself.
What is a middle ground game? We’re going to be analyzed as players but I know
as a player, you can be hard on yourself, but you have to learn from your
mistakes and for me, I know by the week of preparation, but you never really
know until you get in the game.”
Foles wasn’t officially named the starter until Monday, though it was obvious Wentz wasn’t going to be ready to play. Wentz still hasn’t been medically
cleared.
“The more I play, the more I’ll get in a rhythm Oren Burks Jersey ,” Foles said.
NOTES: The Eagles signed WR Markus Wheaton and placed TE Richard Rodgers (knee) on injured reserve. Wheaton was released on Saturday but was quickly
brought back. LB Joe Walker was signed to the practice squad and LB Asantay
Brown was released.
Locker No. 29 in the Seattle Seahawks locker room was once again occupied Wednesday after being vacant the entire offseason.
Earl Thomas was back after ending his lengthy holdout. His Instagram post on Wednesday morning announcing his return made it clear Thomas wasn't happy or
satisfied. But he was present, giving the Seahawks a major boost heading into
the start of the regular season.
"He's been with us for so long. He's just been part of the fabric of what we've been about," Seattle coach Pete Carroll said. "It's an adjustment period
as he jumps in with us right now and we'll figure out how that works. ... I
don't have any thought about what to share with you right now because we have to
see what he does and how he feels and all that stuff, but it's great to have him
back."
Thomas' return to the Seahawks facility was a welcome moment for the team and ended a long offseason of drama centered on whether he would play out the final
season of his contract, receive the contract extension he hoped for, or possibly
be traded. Thomas' reaction to the lack of a resolution was clear in his post:
"The disrespect has been noted and will not be forgotten."
He's not happy, but he wasn't about to sacrifice a $500,000 game check or leave his teammates without one of their most important defensive leaders.
Thomas wrote he's never let his "teammates, city or fans down as long as I have
lived and don't plan to start this weekend."
But he was quick to add he's got plenty of good years remaining after his current contract expires.
"Father Time may have an undefeated record but best believe I plan on taking him into triple overtime when it comes to my career," Thomas wrote.
Thomas did not speak with reporters Wednesday. Carroll would not commit to whether Thomas would play against Denver on Sunday in the opener. Seattle
received a roster exemption from the league to allow Thomas to practice.
Not surprisingly, Thomas seemed to be universally embraced upon his return Christian Okoye Jersey , both as the longest-tenured Seahawks player and for the on-field boost he can give to Seattle's overhauled defense. Doug Baldwin
said he ran up and gave Thomas a hug when he saw him in a team meeting.
Defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. joked he became a better coach.
Linebacker Bobby Wagner understood the dynamics of Thomas' situation.
"I think football is football, business is business. That's coach Carroll and John Schneider, that's business," Wagner said. "At the end of the day you can't
really hate a person for wanting to provide for his family. That's how I look at
it. He's been playing at a high level, he wanted more money. That's kind of on
them."
Thomas is a three-time first-team All-Pro and was the anchor for the Seattle defense that appeared in consecutive Super Bowls, winning the first. Aside from
suffering a broken leg late in the 2016 season, Thomas has been a durable
starter from the time he arrived in the league. He has missed just seven
regular-season games in his career.
His holdout was based on seeking certainty for the long term. He asked for a trade if Seattle wasn't willing to give him a contract extension. The idea of a
trade, for now, was squashed by Carroll on Wednesday when he said: "He's a
Seahawk. He's always been and will be one forever."
The reality is Thomas will be an unrestricted free agent next spring just before his 30th birthday. In a post for The Players' Tribune earlier this
summer, Thomas wrote that he was shaken by the injuries suffered by Richard
Sherman and Kam Chancellor ??two other members of Seattle's "Legion of Boom"
secondary ??in a Thursday night game last season. Sherman ruptured his Achilles
tendon, ending his season Demar Dotson Jersey , and Chancellor suffered a neck injury. Sherman was released by Seattle in the offseason and signed with San Francisco. Chancellor
??while not officially retired ??is not expected to play again because of the
injury.
Clearly, Thomas wants security, but he's putting aside his desires for now.
With Thomas out, Seattle has used Tedric Thompson as its primary free safety. Thompson missed the final preseason game with a shoulder stinger and rib injury
suffered a week earlier, but was in line to start the opener. If Thomas is ready
to play, he'll team with Bradley McDougald at strong safety. The pair played
together for the latter half of last season following Chancellor's injury.
"I feel like we figured it out pretty well," McDougald said. "We ended up getting a good connection, a good relationship between us and I feel like we're
going to pick up where we left off."
 Authentic Womens Anthony Averett Jersey
Posted 17 Sep 2018

Reply to Topic