www.authenticsnewyorkgiants.com

132 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
hongwei28

Total Posts: 0

When surging Texas goes for a three-game sweep of the visiting Chicago White Sox on Sunday at Globe Life Park in
Arlington Jalyn
Holmes Color Rush Jersey
 , Texas, Cole Hamels, the pitcher the Rangers
expected to be their bell cow in this season of rebuilding, will be on the
mound.It remains to be seen how much longer Hamels (4-6, with a 3.61 ERA) stays in that position. He could, instead, be a huge piece to the puzzle in a trade that
would net more prospects for a team in dire need of them.The White Sox will send right-hander Reynaldo Lopez (3-5, 3.73 ERA) to the mound in the series finale.The Rangers beat Chicago 13-4 on Saturday behind five solid innings from the ageless Bartolo Colon, a three-run double from Robinson Chirinos, a home run
from Joey Gallo and a seven-run eighth inning.Texas was without designated hitter Shin-Soo Choo on Saturday as he battles right quad soreness and was given the night off.Choo said his upper quad has been bothering him over the past 10 days, but he’s played through it well enough to extend his streak of reaching base to 41
straight games, tops in the Major Leagues this season. It’s also tied with Toby
Harrah (1985) for the third-longest single-season streak in club history.“I felt like it was an opportunity to get him off his legs, give him a day,” manager Jeff Banister told mlb.com about Choo’s absence from the starting
lineup. “He’s played through it for a while.”Choo underwent an MRI at his own request on Saturday and said afterward he does not believe the injury is serious.“I know I have the streak going on, but my body and staying healthy is more important,” Choo said. “And winning games is more important than records. I
don’t want to make it worse. I don’t think it’s serious.”Chicago is another team building from the ground up but already has its second baseman of the future, Yoan Moncada, on the field as an everyday player.
Moncada, who was acquired from Boston as part of the trade that sent Chris Sale
to the Red Sox, has struggled through the first half of the season, hitting just
.225 after batting .231 in 54 games last season.He also has a team-high 13 errors at second base.“I did not expect to have as many tough Nate
Solder Color Rush Jersey
 , difficult moments as I’ve been having,” Moncada
told the Chicago Sun-Times. “I’ve learned that this is a process, it’s something
young guys have to get used to. You can’t get frustrated at any point. If you
keep your faith in what you do, you’re going to be good.”Lopez will make his 17th start of the season, 10th on the road and second against the Rangers this season when he takes the hill on Sunday. He is 1-1 with
a 2.55 ERA over his past three road starts. His last time out, on June 26, Lopez
earned the win versus Minnesota, allowing four runs on six hits over 6 1/3
innings in an 8-4 Chi-Sox victory.Lopez is receiving a 3.45 run support average this season, the ninth-lowest in the AL. He will be making his third career start against the Rangers and
second at Globe Life Park.Lopez garnered the win in his last start against Texas on May 20 in Chicago, pitching eight scoreless innings.Hamels will also make his 17th start of the season and leads all Texas starters in ERA (3.61), starts (16), innings (97 1/3), and strikeouts (97). He
has gone 3-2 with a 3.28 ERA in his nine starts since May 5 to lower his ERA
from 4.08 to 3.61.Hamels will be working on five days’ rest and last worked and took a no-decision in the Rangers’ 7-4 win on Monday at home against San Diego. He
allowed a season-high nine hits in that game, exiting after trailing 4-1 in the
sixth, ending a streak of eight straight starts six-plus or more innings
pitched.Hamels has gone 2-0 with a 2.86 ERA in four career starts against the White Sox, recording quality starts in three of those four outings.It’s Super Bowl ad time again. Advertisers of all stripes are vying for the attention of the 111
million viewers expected to tune in. The goal is to be the most-talked about ad
over the water cooler – or Slack chatroom – come Monday morning.

From Steven Tyler de-aging for Kia to Amazon’s imagining of different voices for Alexa, here are 10 ads that are likely to be talked about. And if you’re not
interested in tuning it to watch the big game on Sunday, you can stream all of
these ads ahead of time.—AmazonThe internet giant’s founder, Jeff Bezos, stars in this 90-second comedic ad showing different celebrities including chef Gordon Ramsay, actress Rebel
Wilson Kareem
Martin Color Rush Jersey
 , singer Cardi B and actor Anthony Hopkins
subbing in for the voice of Amazon’s voice assistant Alexa.—BudweiserAnheuser-Busch dispenses with its usual Clydesdales and puppies and instead goes with a 60-second ad that depicts, to the tune of ”Stand By Me,” the
company’s program to provide water to areas in need.—Bud LightThe beer brand’s recent ads have centered on a Game of Thrones-like universe that uses the meaningless-but-catchy phrase ”Dilly Dilly.” Now, in a 60-second
ad running in the second quarter, the brand introduces ”Bud Knight,” a heroic
character who is ambivalent about helping out in a battle.—Coca-ColaThe soda maker strives to include everyone in its 60-second ad: people of different ethnicities, someone in a wheelchair and a person who uses the
they/them pronoun are all shot at various locations in Mexico clutching or
drinking different varieties of Coke.—Doritos & Mountain DewThe two Pepsico brands have linked spots that show a lip-sync battle between Peter Dinklage, who lip syncs a Busta Rhymes song as a representative for
Doritos Blaze, and Morgan Freeman, who lip syncs a song by Missy Elliott for
Mountain Dew Ice.—FebrezeProcter & Gamble’s air freshener tackles toilet humor with a 30-second ad airing in the second quarter. It purports to be a documentary about Dave, whose
”bleep don’t stink.” The kicker: Since your Super Bowl party guests are a bunch
of not-Daves, you might want to take other precautions against bathroom
odor.—KiaThe automaker has enlisted Aerosmith lead singer Steven Tyler (who last popped up in a Skittles Super Bowl ad two years ago) to promote its Stinger
sports car. In the ad, he drives backward so fast that he gets younger thanks to
computer-generated magic. In a nod to advertising tropes, the ad also contains a
subliminal message if you watch it backward; Kia helpfully provides this version
online.—Michelob UltraThe Anheuser-Busch light beer brand has 30-second ads in the second and fourth quarters starring Chris Pratt . In one he runs and does yoga while
singing along to ”I Like Beer,” a remake of a country song from the 1970s.—PepsiThe soda maker calls back to its past Super Bowl advertising efforts with Britney Spears, Michael Jackson, Celtics basketball player Kyrie Irving and
Cindy Crawford in a 30-second ad airing right before the Justin Timberlake
halftime show.—WeatherTechThe maker of car floor mats shows footage of its new factory being built in a 30-second ad in the first half of the game. On-screen text reads: ”At
WeatherTech, we built our new factory right here in America. Isn’t that the way
it’s supposed to be?” It’s the fifth consecutive year WeatherTech has advertised
during the Super Bowl that all of its operations are in the United States.—This story has been updated to correct the name of the car in the Kia ad. It’s Stinger, not Stringer.

Posted 22 Nov 2018

Reply to Topic