Height of a fascia.

515 views 2 replies
Reply to Topic
GroovEye

Total Posts: 190

I need to decide how high my fascia should be, is there a default height in the industry that I can then base any aesthetic adjustments on?

My fascia will most likely be made of 1-inch-thick wood, painted white with black metal gutters.

Other details: Dark gray slate, 30-degree hip roof, 8-to 10-inch eave overhang.

We're aiming for a vintage Jane Austen look, and I'm using Frogmore Cottage (2nd photo) as a heritage landmark.

A retired architect in the village stopped by for a chat last year and recommended a deeper fascia, he added that the deep fascia is a characteristic modern feature due to the need for thick attic insulation.

Posted 17 May 2021

Yeah, but the hardest part is to match siding
Posted 17 May 2021

It's hard to recommend something about the fascia; you need to provide more information. 
Jessica, siding is easy to pick up. Personally, I just used siding repair service https://www.maxima-aluminum.com. However, if you are doing it all by yourself, siding installation depends on the site and the type of construction. I recommend paying attention to the popularity of a blockhouse that imitates natural vinyl materials or trimmed with profiled sheets. The technology of cladding the walls of a wooden house with siding involves mandatory insulation, as well as a layer of hydro and vapor barrier.
Posted 17 May 2021

Reply to Topic