Total Posts: 6204

Sachin Tendulkar celebrates after reaching his world-record 35th Test century

Sourav Ganguly congratulates Sachin Tendulkar on reaching his 35th Test century

Posted 10 Dec 2005

wafakadard says
Tendulkar claims world mark for most test tons

By N.Ananthanarayanan

NEW DELHI, Dec 10, 2005 (Reuters)

Indian batsman Sachin Tendulkar set a world record for most test hundreds on Saturday, stroking his 35th century to surpass compatriot Sunil Gavaskar.

The 32-year-old Mumbai batsman reached the milestone on the opening day of the second test against Sri Lanka.

He spent tense moments on 99 and declined an offer of light before turning Sri Lankan fast bowler Chaminda Vaas to square leg for the all-important single.

An emotional Tendulkar punched the air in delight and raised his arms before looking skywards to say a silent prayer, wiping away a tear.

"There have been very few moments in my life that I have felt emotional," he said. "This was one of them, so it is very special for me.

"I was addressing my father. I'm sure he would have enjoyed a few moments from up there," Tendulkar said in reference to his late father Ramesh.

He was hugged by team mate Saurav Ganguly and congratulated by the Sri Lankan players with the crowd of over 20,000 giving him a standing ovation.
Posted 10 Dec 2005

nikama says
great performance by one of the greatest players of all time this year has been really gud for cricket.some great performances by lara,inzi and trescothic and tendulker
Posted 12 Dec 2005

Reply to Topic