sun_shine says
YA PER INDIA KA MATCH 15 KO HAY.
I AM WAITING FOR THAT
Posted 02 Oct 2006

mmja says
s k zabardast yar
Posted 02 Oct 2006

some matches are in jaipur...

take a look at SMS stadium jaipur here.. its a satellite picture...

http://wikimapia.org/#y=26894014&x=75803116&z=16&l=0&m=a

as i live in jaipur... take a look at my home....

http://wikimapia.org/#y=26875162&x=75751972&z=18&l=0&m=a&v=2

Posted 04 Oct 2006

~Fragi~ says
cant see images
Posted 05 Oct 2006

nikama says
yup,sorry to miss your house.hopefuly we will get to see it live
Posted 05 Oct 2006

Champions Trophy 2006-07

Mohammad Yousuf to lead Pakistan

Osman Samiuddin

October 5, 2006

An irate Younis Khan explains his decision to reporters in Lahore © AFP

Mohammad Yousuf has been appointed the new captain for the Champions Trophy in place of Younis Khan, following a startling day which began with the latter publicly refusing to accept the Pakistan captaincy in the morning. A PCB official confirmed to Cricinfo that Yousuf will take over as captain and Abdul Razzaq will act as his deputy. Younis, having apologised to the PCB for his actions, has been retained in the squad.

The PCB said in an official statement that it "deeply regrets that Younis Khan chose to announce his withdrawal from the captaincy of the Pakistan Team for the Champions Trophy. He did so without prior consultation with the Board. His decision to renounce the captaincy was a breach of discipline."

The decisions come after a day-long emergency meeting of PCB officials, including chairman Shaharyar Khan, after Younis had sensationally declined to captain Pakistan in the Champions Trophy just two days before the team was due to fly to India.

Younis was appointed captain late last month after the ICC slapped a four-match ban on captain Inzamam-ul-Haq at the hearing for The Oval controversy and has been the official vice-captain for almost two years now.

But at a surprise press conference at Gaddafi Stadium, sitting alongside Bob Woolmer, a grave looking Younis told reporters, "I don't want to be a dummy captain and the reason why I have refused the captaincy will be revealed afterward." Giving no further details, Younis walked out of the press conference.

Bob Woolmer told Cricinfo that Younis had resigned for a number of personal reasons. "I am very saddened that he has resigned because he is a very good player. I have a great relationship with him. My view is that he has resigned for a number of personal reasons and those reasons are best told by Younis himself. I will get on with my responsibility as coach as best as possible and continue to prepare the team for the Champions Trophy."

Speculation is rife as to what those reasons are. It has been suggested by some that the inclusion of Faisal Iqbal in the squad as a replacement for Inzamam, without the approval of Younis, triggered the reaction. Another theory argues that Younis was unhappy at being made captain only for the Champions Trophy and not beyond, a decision endorsed by the PCB's ad-hoc committee yesterday which confirmed their support for Inzamam as captain from the West Indies series onwards. All of this, as yet, remains unsubstantiated.

For a while, Younis's position in the team, for the Champions Trophy as well as subsequent assignments were in doubt. It has been learnt that during the meeting a few officials were in favour of removing Younis from the team altogether. The idea of a disciplinary committee to investigate his actions and subsequent punishment - including his removal from the team - had been mooted. Ultimately though, Younis apologised for his actions and expressed the desire to play on as a batsman.

The PCB said it had "noted that Younis's decision to renounce the captaincy was a breach of discipline. However, he has since expressed his regret to the Chairman for the unsavory incident and has conveyed to the Chairman that he is prepared to continue playing as a team member. "

Yousuf has some experience in positions of responsibility; he was official vice-captain before Younis took over on the tour to India in 2004-05 and had captained on occasions when Inzamam was absent. Having been groomed as a potential successor for two years now, the chances of Younis becoming captain in the short-term are, according to one PCB official, "extremely dim."

Posted 05 Oct 2006

u ppl are not able to see da images???? i have double checked da links. and it works....

try again ... check the link on the page "Upcoming places" and then u can find the home.. it is tagged as "Nishant".
Posted 05 Oct 2006

i saw
Posted 06 Oct 2006

nikama says
younus ka resign kerna kuch samajh main nahin aya
Posted 06 Oct 2006

he said he doesnt want to be dummy captain
Posted 06 Oct 2006

sun_shine says
sirf satellite view tha stadium ka.
Posted 07 Oct 2006

sun_shine says
yeh dummy captain phir kya hota hay jee
Posted 07 Oct 2006

~Fragi~ says
Younis khan phir captain ban gaya
Posted 08 Oct 2006

zimababwe ka bura haal kiya WI ney
Posted 09 Oct 2006

Doctor Sam says
kya ho raha hey team main?
Posted 09 Oct 2006

sun_shine says
per bangladesh kaafi acha khela
taareef kay mstahik hain
Posted 10 Oct 2006

mmja says
true ager unki main wicket bashar or aik or khiladri aik he over main na out ho jatay to or mushkil hoti srl kay liay
wesay 14 kay macth say pehlay tak kay saray match bore hain
Posted 10 Oct 2006

zimbabwe mere khyal mein cricket khatam kar de lolz :P
Posted 10 Oct 2006

sun_shine says
i think srilanka aur west indies qualify kar jaengay.
Posted 11 Oct 2006

sun_shine says
yaa interesting matches 14 kay baad hain.
Posted 11 Oct 2006

~Fragi~ says
pak ka match i think 15 ko hai pehla
Posted 11 Oct 2006

17th ko hai
Posted 11 Oct 2006

mmja says
yaa interesting matches 14 kay baad hain.
hum sri v/s w indies ka match 14 ko hai pehla acha match hoga lakin 13 ko ban v/s zim wala match bhe acha hoga khas kar jo last macth howa tha in teams kay bech main woh boht zabardast match tha ho sakta hai phir maza a jaye
Posted 11 Oct 2006

mmja says
i think srilanka aur west indies qualify kar jaengay.
aray kyia pehlay apko yakeen nahin tha kay yeh zim or ban say jeet jayengay
Posted 11 Oct 2006

mmja says
pak ka pehla match 17 ko hoga sri v/s w indies main say jo team 14 ko jhetay gee woh pak kay pool main ayegi or 17 ko pak say khelayge wesay pak kay pool main dosray pool kay mukabilay main teams halki hain isliay semi final tak to koi masla nahin hona chaye pak ko
Posted 11 Oct 2006

nikama says
yes,looks like a smooth ride till semis,but still cricket main kuch pata nahin aur icc main waise bhi hamara record kuch acha nahin
Posted 12 Oct 2006

Reply to Topic