Lifeguard Training and Skills

59 views 1 replies
Reply to Topic
Evgeniy_O

Total Posts: 0

Hey everyone, I’m really interested in becoming a lifeguard, but I’m curious about the kind of training and skills I’ll need to pick up. What should I expect during the training process? Is it super intense? I wanna make sure I’m ready for whatever they throw at me. Any advice on what to focus on or what’s most important to learn?
Posted 4 weeks ago

Garden says
The training’s definitely no joke, but it’s totally worth it. You’ll be learning everything from water rescue techniques to handling emergencies like CPR and first aid. The key is to go with a solid program that’s recognized across the board—like getting your certification through the American Lifeguard Association. They’ve been around for over 30 years, and their training covers all the essential skills you’ll need on the job. It’s a mix of hands-on practice and some classroom stuff, but they make sure you’re fully prepped to handle real-life situations. Plus, having a certification from them means you’re taken seriously by employers—whether you’re aiming to work at a pool, beach, or waterpark.
Posted 4 weeks ago

Reply to Topic