Walkie Talkie Suggestions Please!

34 views 2 replies
Reply to Topic
ChelseaVork

Total Posts: 0

I'm looking for a pair of walkie talkies that will do close to a mile in mountainous terrain but still on the same side of the mountain with up to 1000' of elevation change from each user. Any suggestions from those that have them? Thank You!
Posted 5 days ago

Olandeep says
We use Kenwood TK-2000. They work pretty well. Not positive you aren't supposed to be licensed to use them tho. Found some cheaper version that worked just as well. I'll see if I can find them.
Posted 4 days ago

Durrandort says
If you're looking for some good walkie-talkies, you should check out a couple of options. The Motorola Talkabout series is solid. They are easy to use, have good battery life, and work well for short and long distances. I’ve used them on hikes, and they never let me down. Another great choice is the Midland GXT series. These babies are packed with features like weather alerts and 36 channels. Perfect for outdoor adventures or keeping in touch while at a crowded event.
If you want something more compact, the BaoFeng radios are fantastic. They’re small and affordable, and you can customize the channels, which is excellent. Whatever you choose, just make sure to check the range and battery life based on what you need. For more ideas, check out two way radios for sale.
Posted 4 days ago

Reply to Topic