Big Brother

1641 views 60 replies
Reply to Topic
Asian

Total Posts: 11550

I am sure you all have been hearing whats been going on but let me summarise it,

Big Brother is a reality TV show. its based on a book called room 101, its set in a world where everything we do is observed.

i dont want bollywood movies but an actress is in their shipla (sorry if i spelt it wrong) she's lovely. and very pretty to, she is suffering racism from 3 white women.

in the uk those women are what they call FAD celebrities. they are known for being sleezy not talented.

shilpa has suffered alout of passive racism and ignorance as to our culture and traditions

e.g. she cooks for everyone (standarded asian manners) but she was sl*ged off for touching the food with her hands

i want to know your thoughs on this and have you exp it?

p.s. AsianBride magazeen is going to write a peice on BB,and they want to interview jade. i say boycotte it, i have always bought the magazeen but they just lost a good customer
Posted 19 Jan 2007

i know...they say she shows off,,,while she sleep on farsh and cook for them thats jelousy
Posted 19 Jan 2007

yea, I haven't seen what exactly happened on big Brother live, but seen it on ITV newz

My papa have seen her photos *crying* ona a METRO newz paper

I heard that someone from House of parliment have been very concerned for Shilpa!

Posted 19 Jan 2007

New Delhi: Bollywood actor Shilpa Shetty made big news when she joined the league of nine international celebs on UK’s Channel 4 reality TV show Celebrity Big Brother.

However, Shilpa - who is reportedly getting Rs 3 crore for her appearance on the show - is now at the receiving end of racist abuse.

On Tuesday, complaints started pouring in from viewers about the racist remarks against the actor to the UK independent media regulator, Ofcom.

And that's not all. The Indian Government has taken note of the racist attacks and Information and Broadcasting Minister, Priyaranjan Dasmunsi, is writing to the Indian Foreign Minister - Pranab Mukherjee - to urge the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) to look into the matter.

He says that the MEA should take up the issue with the UK government and has asked Mukherjee to speak to Indian High Commission in UK and ascertain facts.

He said, "The Indian Government is not accountable on the Shilpa Shetty issue as it is an arrangement with an individual, but the Government is committed against racism."

Minister of State for External Affairs Anand Sharma also said, "We are seized of the matter and we are looking into all the aspects. We will take appropriate action as required."

"The world knows that India has throughout firmly rejected all forms of discrimination and racism," he added.

Shilpa Shetty was called 'Paki', 'dog' and 'that Indian' on the show - comments that drove her to tears.

The producers of the show are probing the matter and the echoes of the row also spilled over in the British House of Commons - Britain's lower chamber of parliament - where Labour MP Keith Vaz tabled an early day motion demanding a probe into the alleged comments.

Vaz said members of his Leicester East constituency had contacted him about alleged racism on the Channel 4 show.

The Big Brothers of Indian politics will now keep a watchful eye on the plight of Shilpa. If things got out of hand, they would even launch a freedom struggle on behalf of Shilpa.
Posted 19 Jan 2007

shahrukh khan said:

i know...they say she shows off,,,while she sleep on farsh and cook for them thats jelousy

exactly!

but whats the point of being jealous ??? that's what she was suppose to do *cooking*
Posted 19 Jan 2007

My papa hate the way they're treating shilpa
Posted 19 Jan 2007

London_Girl said:

yea, I haven't seen what exactly happened on big Brother live, but seen it on ITV newz

My papa have seen her photos *crying* ona a METRO newz paper

I heard that someone from House of parliment have been very concerned for Shilpa!

front page par new a gayee aapko pata hi nahi
Posted 19 Jan 2007

No, actually, I've been quite busy with office work, havent took notice of it!
Posted 19 Jan 2007

heard it last night!
Posted 19 Jan 2007

London_Girl said:

shahrukh khan said:

exactly!

but whats the point of being jealous ??? that's what she was suppose to do *cooking*

she is beautifull...they says indians eat kacha khana thats y they r so smart
Posted 19 Jan 2007

ofocurse shez beautiful

Jade been talking abt her that she can't speak Enlish properly, this aint true!
Posted 19 Jan 2007

I saw Shilpa shetty in it.
And Jade bullying about her.
And then they asked if its a racism

fyi
Posted 19 Jan 2007

jade
Posted 19 Jan 2007

BisMa says
Posted 19 Jan 2007

BoRnFl_iRt says
Asian said:

I am sure you all have been hearing whats been going on but let me summarise it,

Big Brother is a reality TV show. its based on a book called room 101, its set in a world where everything we do is observed.

i dont want bollywood movies but an actress is in their shipla (sorry if i spelt it wrong) she's lovely. and very pretty to, she is suffering racism from 3 white women.

in the uk those women are what they call FAD celebrities. they are known for being sleezy not talented.

shilpa has suffered alout of passive racism and ignorance as to our culture and traditions

e.g. she cooks for everyone (standarded asian manners) but she was sl*ged off for touching the food with her hands

i want to know your thoughs on this and have you exp it?

p.s. AsianBride magazeen is going to write a peice on BB,and they want to interview jade. i say boycotte it, i have always bought the magazeen but they just lost a good customer

Yeah I Have red It On Yahoo News ..

I Feel Sorry For Shilpa .. & I Knew From The Very 1st Day Tht It Cud Happens LoLz..

JADE Is A M********** Rude & Racist B****..
Posted 19 Jan 2007

Don't know why gorrey's still can't get along with our Asian people
Posted 19 Jan 2007

BoRnFl_iRt says
Yaar I Hate Goorey But I Love Some Goories LoLz..
Posted 19 Jan 2007

LOLL! mischievous eh!
Posted 19 Jan 2007

BoRnFl_iRt says
Nahin Nahin .. Its AHO ...
Posted 19 Jan 2007

hum ayse fazool programme nahi dekhtay ....
Posted 19 Jan 2007

BoRnFl_iRt says
Mujhe Bhi nahin Acha Lagta Yeh Program ..
Posted 19 Jan 2007

wasay dekhaty tu pura programem ho :)
Posted 19 Jan 2007

BoRnFl_iRt says
Kahaan Yaar PAKISTAN Main Koun Sa BiG BROTHER ..
Posted 19 Jan 2007

ek india mein big boss lagta hay big brother ka bahi ;) ...lolz woh dekh liya karo
Posted 19 Jan 2007

BoRnFl_iRt says
Yahaan Aaj Kal INDIAN Channels Bhi Band Hain Na LoLz..
Posted 19 Jan 2007

lol... lucky u
Posted 19 Jan 2007

BoRnFl_iRt says
Haaan U Can Say That .. Lekin Mujhe Waise Bhi INSHAIN Channels Pasand Nahin Hain ..
Posted 19 Jan 2007

kiya baat hay aap ki ...w asay bahi ... TV dekhny ka time... bhi lucky logoun ko milta hay ... :P
Posted 19 Jan 2007

BoRnFl_iRt says
Yaara TV Kahaan Dekhne Ka TIME Milta Hai ..

Haan Koi Cricket Match Ho To dekh Leta hoon Kabhi Kabhi ..
Posted 20 Jan 2007

aur mein sirf updates hi parhta hoon :(
Posted 20 Jan 2007

BoRnFl_iRt says
Bas Donoon Aik Hi KASHTI K MUSAAFIR Hain ..
Posted 20 Jan 2007

Reply to Topic