KAKN=Highly Dissapointing(My Review)

3662 views 31 replies
Reply to Topic
afridi_hasnat

Total Posts: 1187

WARING***SPOILERS INCLUDED***

Well Every Pakistani would be proud of my film and all the hype of KAKN made me think the film would be really great.Javed Sheikh's confidence(sorry...over-confidence),the promos looked good.Also being the most expensive movie ever made in Pakistan,the film was highly covered by the ANGAREZI press.
The film got released on 4th July 2008 and came sum relli gud reviews of the movie on JB.Only one member STANDARD gave his somewhat negative remarks to which he was highly criticized.Now i will ask those members who were praising it like hell,u relli have such a bad Choice....i am sorry to say u relli do..u criticize Syed Noor and other lollywood directors for making punjabi movies....and praised JS very much!Even when one use to point an negative thing abut KAKN Like Saleem Sheikh being the hero,u said tht u need a gud film whosoever the hero maybe but ur ready to say tht Imran Malik shuld not have been da hero of TBJNJ...u need a good film!
But do u relli need da kind of film tht KAKN is?
I am sorry to say...but u relli have a bad choice!
I know i am being a bit rude and kinda of errrr..here but they way sum ppl applauded da movie in da Forum,where they sleeping during da whole movie?
Now to da movie....
Huge Set,Above-Excellent movie print and colour coding,great sound(Its both DTS and Dolby Digital)but hey....story ki execution,character devlopment naam ki cheez to movie mein hai hi nahin!
The film is an honodrous effort by Javed Sheikh in terms of story,its execution,character development,music and even locations.
First lets talk about the story,the 1st half is really very simple with da only good thing(Except the technical aspects)being Ismail Tara’s comedy and the Shaadi Song.Thank God this time the comedy was way better and funnier..Ismail Tara rocks big time!The 1st half is quite simple with just being the characters being introduced and the main story being told…!There are 3 songs in the 1st half which are the Title Track,
Larki Mumbai Ki and Allah Allah Dulhan Hamari.Well the title track is gud but it isnt picturised on good locations.You will find just da rugged mountains in it,C'mon u guys are in Australia,it has some really beautiful locations atleast u shuld utilise dem.The Larki Mumbai Ki also had da same problem,shot on one location Sydney Harbour Bridge(and a bit on beach also)but it was better den the title track(in picturisation).The shaadi song was the best song of the whole movie in terms of picturisation,the whole ambeience which was created,the print and sound made it a treat to watch!The 1st half goes in this....and now the main part of the movie...sad but hilarious...the 2nd half!
Get ready to laugh out loud,when u are watching the 2nd half u are constantly wonder"What the hell is going on?"The characters changes in the next scene and such big loopholes.
For instance why the hell meera created her death scene when she wanted to return in da end?Ok she culdnt control her emotions...but atleast give some justifications!(Ppl were laughing like hell on this but more is left!)
Then Saleem Sheikh is crying on Meera's death...Badar Khalil comes to meet him....and when Nadeem calls her....Tht was Sooooo Funnny Yaar...pata nahin Nadeem Baig Sahab ko woh scene karte hue hansi kyun nahin ayi!Kudos to him!
And in the very next scene u see Saleem Sheikh fully grommed wid Spikes as hairstyle and smartly dressed in Nadeem's room agreeing to do anything to enter the Dewan Family Again...Hey..?How has he changed?Didnt he loved Meera?Kya Hua?Koi Justification nahin...character ko change karna hai to kum se kum uski base toh banao....it was like scenes were being thrown at da audiences!
One of the hilarious scenes....Badar Khalil gets Behosh...taken to hospital...u see the board of Labour Room....hey!U hear a baby crying!!!!!Was she pre... This was the scene were JS directon was at his worse....!
Another one,When JS come to Nadeem Baig to give da wedding card...he says abut Meera tht"usney apni riwayat aur qadrein nahin chorin"sumthin like dat...and Hey!!!!(Ya Hey again...!)u see the baap,beti and damad seeing a ***y item number together as a part of wedding celebration and also they are..yes they are showing it praising it!!!C'mon Mr JS...U cnt go to tht level!!!!
And Nadeem being Sana's Barey Papa consoling her by sayin"tumhara BARA(NOT BAREY)PAPA tumharey sath hai!"
One more...ya one more...when Nadeem ask Saleem Sheikh to go and talk to Sana to marry HS....and in the next scene he is seeing apologizing for his mistake to Humyun....and in tht scene Sana and Saleem Sheikh are standing behind nadeem wid those kind of expressions like Humyun did some evil planning against dem and when Nadeem completes wat he wanted to say SS and Sana go like they are Naraz with Humyun!!!!
Another one when Sana gets to know tht Humyun was the one who was sending her gifts...in tht scene Sana was not at all had any expressions on her face of shockness tht humyun was da one who was sending her gifts...its such a big thing!And even this not told tht how did Sana got to know tht HS used to send her gifts?
And now to the most hilarious part of the movie...to which the audience culdnt stop laughing!!!!Such a ill-directed sequence!!!!
Trust me during the climax...one person stood up and laughed...and yaa it was tht much funny!
I dont want to waste my enery on writing abut da climax..but i did thought while watching it...which movie did our beloved JB members saw?Were they talking abut this?I cant beleive tht....!
The songs in the 2nd half...Dil Dey Toh Allah Judai Na Dey,Dhoop Bhari Chat pey Baras gaya Pani and Aa Mujhey Mukamal kardey!
Dil Dey Toh Allah Judai Na De..is an excellent sad song and it was picturised well according to the song!
Dhoop Bari Chat pay....an Item Number...it was done by the Indian Crew!It was ok...i mean nuthin relli speacial...the choreography was ok....YEH HAI JS KI FAMILY FILM!
Well technically the film was very strong...Pic and Sound Quality was of Top-Notch!Ya in tht department the film can be compared to biggies of Indian Film Industry!
Thanks to color coding and processing!
Even in da promos da pic quality looks dull as compared to the one in da cinema!
The graphics were ok...nuthin speacial..the title credits culd have been presented more stylishly!
The cinematography was nice,but the locations were not.
Performances wise Meera and Saleem Sheikh are the star of the show!They both looked good and acted well!Nadeem Baig was also good!Humyun Saeed....i dunt want to say anyting!After this film he has less chances of being in another film ever again(Except the film which he produces himself)he has the capability but JS failed to utilise it!Sana was gud but she had just rona dhona...less of dialouges!She is easily avoidable!
Overall:Javed Sheikh,Sir I am not discouraging u and saying that u are a bad director!U for sure have capabilities of making a great film but this time it was your over-confidence and maybe also the power of money which you thought can make a film sucssesful!
A person on the forum said tht it wuld be watched by more and more families in da days to come...sadly...i got the reason why on 6th July around 5 pm i passed beside Nishat and Prince cinema whom were showin KAKN and they had very little rush with no HouseFull signboard!Per JS KAKN had an record advance booking...????I will say it will be watched by less and less families in da days to come as the word of mouth spread wid also media reviews!
For sure not sumthin to be proud of!
After the movie ended i wanted JS to return 1200 ruppes bak which i had spent
Posted 16 Jul 2008

Posted 25 Sep 2018

Reply to Topic