Pinjar is unbiased: Urmila

2837 views 51 replies
Reply to Topic
paki lion

Total Posts: 1162

Urmila Matondakar, the lead actress of Chandraprakash Dwivedi’s Pinjar, has said that the movie is unbiased and doesn’t have anti-Pak rhetoric that is to be found in many of Bollywood’s patriotic kitsch.

About the movie, which is the cinematic adaptation of Amrita Pritam's famous novel of the same name, Urmila says “it (the movie) is based on a universal story.”

“Pinjar is not biased. It is not a backlash against any religion or country. It is a fair film. It says that atrocity does not have any face or religion,” says the actress.

Pinjar has Urmila playing a middle-class Hindu Punjabi girl who undergoes the trauma of partition.

What particularly makes Urmila happy about Pinjar is that it doesn’t have any anti-Pak rhetoric. She believes that the movie will help in bridging the gap between the two countries and will be enjoyed by both Indians as well as Pakistanis.

“I hope Pinjar releases in Pakistan, so that people over there can see it,” says Urmila.
Posted 24 Oct 2003

MR PERFECT says
......swell...!

i guess we owe bollywood now for not making an anti-pakistani movie. (severe sarcasm). lol.

in all seriousness tho...lollywood and especially bollywood need more people like urmila who are pro-peace.
Posted 25 Oct 2003

MrDeath says
i dont like urmila.
Posted 25 Oct 2003

i want to c that film...
Posted 25 Oct 2003

Ashii says
me tooooo.. i like urmila,, well... her movies r nice and she s really a GOOOODDD actress
Posted 26 Oct 2003

slik chik says
MrDeath said:

i dont like urmila.

who asked u?

well, its really kewl, last ting bollywood needs is peeps like sunny to be makin anti pak movies 1 after anotha!
yup, urmila is sound!
i hate watchin any movies that represent any country as a total terrorist dominated nation! not if its only bout pak, even if its bout india!
movies r to enjoy n escape from the reality of the darn biased media, we dont need movies that send out a all these baised message to people of dif nations n races!
doesnt exactly help the matter, does it?
Posted 31 Oct 2003

paki lion says
yes u are right slik chick..but will sunny deol and many other indians understand it? i dont think so..they think everything what an indian politican says its true..well we pakistanis dont have to convince them they are wrong..as couple of months many indians writers, judges, students and even some politicans travelled to pakistan and they were surprised that pakistan is not like what anti pakistanis always portrayed it!
Posted 31 Oct 2003

slik chik says
yup, so true, any1 who eva cums to pak from india is always surprised to realies that pak isnt as reserved n strict as they make it out to be!
i mean, a really good frnd of mine, mani, she went wid me to pakistan las year to attend our friends wedding, n she was really surprised n she thought that every1 ova there was reall kewl, n dat she'd heard a load of nonsense bout pak befo hand!
people jus have to start judgin fo themselves n if they dont have any prooof to go by, then they shud juss keep their unrightful opinion to themselves!
Posted 31 Oct 2003

Posted 31 Oct 2003

slik chik says
IS DAT ALL U CAN DO? JUSS SMILE! URRRGHG......

BTW...WHO R THOSE GUYS IN UR SIG?
Posted 31 Oct 2003

my friends
Posted 01 Nov 2003

HAAN MERE DOST HE KOI PROB HA
Posted 01 Nov 2003

MrDeath says
slik chik said:

MrDeath said:

i dont like urmila.

who asked u?

well, its really kewl, last ting bollywood needs is peeps like sunny to be makin anti pak movies 1 after anotha!
yup, urmila is sound!
i hate watchin any movies that represent any country as a total terrorist dominated nation! not if its only bout pak, even if its bout india!
movies r to enjoy n escape from the reality of the darn biased media, we dont need movies that send out a all these baised message to people of dif nations n races!

i know that... but paki ppl... are much more surprised when they reach india..... becoz.. they are completely barin washed by ptv..
Posted 02 Nov 2003

MrDeath says
paki lion said:

yes u are right slik chick..but will sunny deol and many other indians understand it? i dont think so..they think everything what an indian politican says its true..well we pakistanis dont have to convince them they are wrong..as couple of months many indians writers, judges, students and even some politicans travelled to pakistan and they were surprised that pakistan is not like what anti pakistanis always portrayed it!

actullly ya got that alll wrong... no one said anythin.. when they returned to india...
Posted 02 Nov 2003

slik chik says
MrDeath said:

slik chik said:

MrDeath said:

i dont like urmila.

who asked u?

yup, urmila is sound!

i know that... but paki ppl... are much more surprised when they reach india..... becoz.. they are completely barin washed by ptv..
same is done by zee new aswell, media's of both nations is at fault, india is juss as much to blame fo projectin a wrong image of pak!

baath finished deatho!
Posted 03 Nov 2003

MrDeath says
no...sweet lady... this cant be ended...
Posted 03 Nov 2003

slik chik says
IT HAS TO, CUZ I SED SO!
Posted 03 Nov 2003

MrDeath says
chalo...pagalon se kya baat karna..finis..
Posted 04 Nov 2003

~Fragi~ says
ya mean to say da end
Posted 04 Nov 2003

paki lion says
slik chik said:

MrDeath said:

slik chik said:

MrDeath said:

i dont like urmila.

who asked u?

yup, urmila is sound!

same is done by zee new aswell, media's of both nations is at fault, india is juss as much to blame fo projectin a wrong image of pak!

baath finished deatho!
oh choro yaar..u know how indians are!lets them say what they want about pakistan..we dont damn care about them!
Posted 04 Nov 2003

~Fragi~ says
chalo ji jo jaisey khush hai usko khush rehney do
Posted 04 Nov 2003

MrDeath says
ok ji
Posted 04 Nov 2003

~Fragi~ says
eik aur ok ji .....
Posted 04 Nov 2003

MrDeath says
double ok ji
Posted 05 Nov 2003

~Fragi~ says
kiddo chalo kaheen wahan
jahan ok na ho
Posted 05 Nov 2003

slik chik says
ffm said:

<font color="red"> kiddo chalo kaheen wahan
jahan ok na ho

OFCOURSE, JAHAN KO NA HO, PUR KIDDI ZUROOR HO? HEHEHEH, WAT SEZ U KIDDO?
Posted 06 Nov 2003

MrDeath says
uski kiddi use chor ke chali gye
Posted 17 Nov 2003

slik chik says
woh chuli woh chuli dekho pyar ki galli,
usse rokay na koi,
woh chuli woh chuli!
lolz1
bet kiddo's singin dat song now!
Posted 17 Nov 2003

MrDeath says
he is cryin rite now..
Posted 17 Nov 2003

slik chik says
thats good, thats juss wat i was hoping he'll be doing!
Posted 17 Nov 2003

MrDeath says
hahahh
Posted 17 Nov 2003

Reply to Topic
Copyright ©2024 Janubaba.com - All Rights Reserved.- .024