B.C.s Kelly Scott and defending champion Amber Holland continued to lead the field at the Canadian womens

230 views 2 replies
Reply to Topic
zgr123

Total Posts: 1230

RED DEER, Alta. Nike Air Huarache Nere bianche . -- B.C.s Kelly Scott and defending champion Amber Holland continued to lead the field at the Canadian womens curling championships despite misfortune Monday. Scotts teammate Sasha Carter didnt play in two games because of the flu. With alternate Sherry Fraser in the lineup, B.C. lost 8-7 to Nova Scotia after beating Holland 7-5 earlier in the day. "The plan was really to rest her tonight and tomorrow and then we have four games in a row," Scott said. "She was not worried about throwing, but was worried about the sweeping, so just resting up for the home stretch." Holland bounced back from her first loss in the tournament with a 7-3 win over Manitobas Jennifer Jones at night. Her second Tammy Schneider left the game with an apparent knee injury and was replaced by alternate Jolene Campbell. B.C., Manitoba and Hollands Team Canada were considered the pre-tournament favourites and all three split their games Monday. Scott and Holland were 4-1 followed by Manitoba, Saskatchewan and New Brunswick all at 3-2. Ontario, the Territories, Alberta, Quebec, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island were in a pack at 2-3, with Newfoundland and Labrador at 1-4. The top four teams advance at the conclusion of the preliminary round Thursday advance to playoffs. Ties for fourth will be solves by tiebreaker games. Saskatchewans Michelle Englot downed Ontarios Tracy Horgan 10-3 and New Brunswicks Rebecca Atkinson defeated Albertas Heather Nedohin 8-5 in Monday evenings other games. Carter is four months pregnant, but Scott believes Carter has the flu because Scotts husband Chad and young son Nash have the same symptoms. Carter throws third rocks when healthy. Dailene Sivertson throw second stones, but serves as vice skip. Scott herself said her stomach was upset to start the game against Nova Scotia, but she recovered. The skip and Carter were staying in the same room at their hotel, but Scott moved in with Fraser to limit potential spread. "Theres something going around," Scott said. "Hopefully tomorrow we can be rested, healthy and the original foursome back out there." Canada second Schneiders left knee buckled when she slid out of the hack in the second end in the game versus Manitoba. "Just went over top on my knee and twisted it and kind of aggravated it," Schneider said. "Just have to wait and see. Go home tonight and ice it and hopefully be back out there. Ive never had any issues with that knee before." The Manitobans werent spared a mishap. Second Jill Officer tripped on a guard in front of the house while sweeping the final stone thrown by Jones. It was supposed to be an open hit, but Officer fell and burned the stone. Officer stayed in the game, but that mistake gave a steal of two to Holland and the Jones team couldnt recover. They gave up a single point in the next end and shook hands after Holland scored three in the ninth. "I just misjudged the guard and went down without being able to have a chance to get anything out of the way," Officer said of her fall. "I dont even know what hit the rock. I think it was my broom." Incidents werent limited to that sheet of ice. New Brunswick second Jill Babin dropped to her knees while sweeping the final stone of the fifth end in a game against Alberta, but managed to avoid burning that stone. "I was getting treatment and two other seconds went down," Schneider said. "I was like Oh my goodness, Ive started a trend. Not sure I want to keep that trend going." B.C.s loss to Heather Smith-Daceys team was the first time in the tournament that Scott didnt pull a win out in the final end. Her last draw slid through the house, giving Smith-Dacey an easy hit for two and the win. "A stinker," was Scotts assessment of her last throw. "Id like that one back. "You hate losing for sure and had my last rock been better, we could have maybe snuck out a win. But to split a day like today given everything that was thrown at us, I think thats great." Nike Roshe One Bianche . Tyson Barrie scored in the final minute of regulation, and then scored again in the shootout, leading Colorado to a 3-2 victory over the New York Rangers on Thursday night. Nike Air Huarache Nere . He has spent much of his adult life trying to give back to his native South Sudan, the war-torn African nation the Cavaliers forward and his family fled when he was a young boy.It looks like star Canadian running back Jon Cornish will make his much anticipated return to the Calgary Stampeders lineup this Sunday against the Ottawa Redblacks. Cornish as well as fellow Canadian running back Matt Walter participated in full practice for the first time on Friday and both are expected to return this weekend barring any setbacks. The 29-year-old Cornish has been out of the lineup since Week 1 when he suffered a concussion from a hit by Montreal Alouettes linebacker Kyries Hebert. He was knocked out for a short time on the play. Walter, 25, also suffered a concussion earlier this season against the Edmonton Eskimos.  Cornish won the CFLs most valuable playeer award last year after leading the league in rushing. Nike Roshe One Fiori. With the return of the Canadians to the lineup, slotback Nik Lewis is expected to be back as well. Lewis was listed as a healthy scratch the past two weeks due to national-international ratio rules. In other injury news, Demonte Bolden will replace Micah Johnson on the defensive line after he injured his knee against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats last week. Wide receiver Maurice Price is a "maybe" according to head coach John Hufnagel while Jeff Fuller will miss the game after suffering a dislocated shoulder against Hamilton. Sederrik Cunningham might get a chance to play in his absence.   Wholesale Jerseys China ' ' '
Posted 29 Oct 2016

Reply to Topic