. JOHNS, N.L. - JC Lipon scored two goals to propel the St. Johns IceCaps to a 5-1

265 views 2 replies
Reply to Topic
zgr123

Total Posts: 1230

ST. Connor McDavid Jersey . JOHNS, N.L. - JC Lipon scored two goals to propel the St. Johns IceCaps to a 5-1 win over the Portland Pirates Wednesday night in American Hockey League action. Jerome Samson, Jason Jaffray and Andrew Gordon also scored for the IceCaps (37-19-4). Mathieu Brodeur replied for the Pirates (21-29-10). St. Johns opened the scoring when Gordon threw the puck out front while tangled up in the boards, and it found its way into the net off a skate 5:19 into the second period. Adam Lowry passed to Lipon on a 2-on-1 rush, and the IceCaps forward made no mistake, burying the puck top glove on a hard wrist shot 6:54 into the second period. Samson added another for St. Johns, on the power play, backhanding home the puck short-side after grabbing it off an end-board bounce out front at the 9:48 mark of the third period. The IceCaps extended the lead at the 10:38 mark of the second period when Adam Lowry won the draw clean to Lipon, who fired a quick one-time wrist shot. Just 34 seconds into the third, Portland found the scoresheet when trailing defenceman Mathieu Brodeur wired a shot from just inside the left face-off circle to beat a sprawling Michael Hutchinson high blocker. IceCaps forward Patrice Cormier sent a cross-crease feed across to Jaffray, who was wide-open on his way to the net. Jaffray scored high on a backhand 8:43 into the third period on the power play. Hutchinson made 27 saves for the IceCaps. Mark Visentin stopped 32. Esa Tikkanen Jersey .Y. - His opponent couldnt stop him, and LeBron James didnt quite know what to think when his coach tried. Jean-Francois Jacques Jersey .C. - Goodyear has warned teams that increased speeds at Charlotte Motor Speedway will put a heavy emphasis on the right front tires in Saturday nights race a€” a potentially key development for drivers trying to advance in the Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship.CLEVELAND -- The Cavaliers rang in 2014 with some encouraging news: Kyrie Irvings left knee is only bruised. The All-Star guard did not sustain structural damage Tuesday against the Indiana Pacers and is not expected to miss any significant time. An MRI revealed a bruise, the team said Wednesday in a statement. Irving will have treatment, get continued evaluation and is listed as questionable for Clevelands game on Thursday night at home against Orlando. "Scary moment but Ill be good," Irving said on his Twitter account. "Thanks for everyones support and concern." The Cavs were shaking when Irving fell awkwardly and had to be helped off the floor in the third quarter against the Pacers. He was examined by a team doctor and returned to play the final minutes as the Cavs lost their sixth straight, 91-76. Following the game, Irving said he felt a "pop" in his knee and was concerned his injury was serious. "I thought the worst happened," said Irving, who is averaging 22. Andrew Ference Jersey. 6 points per game in his third NBA season. "I felt something pop in my knee. When I came back in, my left knee is pretty weak right now. I was falling all over the place. I didnt have my legs under me. It was a painful experience." The former No. 1 overall pick has been injury prone since coming into the NBA. Irving missed 38 games in his first two seasons with a variety of injuries, including a broken nose, fractured jaw, broken finger, sprained knee and shoulder, and concussion. Irving played in only 11 games as a freshman at Duke because of a foot injury, and he broke his hand after his rookie season when he slammed a padded wall during a summer league practice in Las Vegas. Irving set a goal to play in all 82 games this season, and hasnt missed one yet. The Cavs will likely take a cautious approach with Irving and may sit him for a game or two. Cleveland hosts the Magic on Thursday, plays at Brooklyn on Saturday and hosts the Pacers on Sunday. Wholesale Jerseys China ' ' '
Posted 04 Nov 2016

Reply to Topic