draped in an jersey

305 views 2 replies
Reply to Topic
yehongkun362330

Total Posts: 0

Floyd Mayweather Jr is the finest boxer of his generation, unbeaten in 49 paying fights and 26 world championship contests with titles in five weight classes, who has never even been down or seriously hurt as a Amos Youth Jerseyprofessional. Time to doff your cap because the last laugh will be Floyd Mayweather’s Read more For years he was billed as Pretty Boy Floyd, an extraordinary boxer with little profile beyond hardcore fight fans. Then, in 2007, he bought out his contract with promoter Bob Arum for $750,000 and recast himself as the made-for-TV pantomime villain Money Mayweather, embracing the fact that more customers pay to watch him lose than to watch him win. It has paid off handsomely – Mayweather has gone from a $2m-a-fight boxer to one of the highest-earning sportsmen ever. This is no less than a miracle given his risk-averse, defensive style that appeals to a subset of aficionados but not the broader public that has always preferred slugging to boxing. The week before his first UFC fight, in 2013, Conor McGregor was a plumber’s apprentice in Dublin collecting a $235 welfare check. Since then, he has become the biggest name in mixed martial arts, and the first fighter to hold UFC championships in two divisions when he knocked out Eddie Alvarez last year. Like Mayweather, he is known for his brash style and penchant for trash talkThe scheduled 12-round bout will take place under the unified rules of boxing at the junior welterweight limit of 154lbs. This poses a problem for McGregor, who has never boxed professionally or even at the senior amateur level, against any experienced boxer – let alone an opponent of Mayweather’s caliber. The circus match, dismissed by purists as a money-spinning farce, has been likened to a 5,000m race between Usain Bolt and Mo Farah or a trumpet competition between Miles Davis and Jimi HendrixThe closest historical analogue is Muhammad Ali’s risible fight with the Japanese pro wrestler Antonio Inoki in 1976, which is widely regarded as the most embarrassing moment of the Greatest’s career. Ali, then in his second reign as world heavyweight champion, traveled to Tokyo to fight Inoki under a negotiated set of rules that drew from boxing and wrestling, a sort of precursor to what is known as mixed martial arts today. Inoki spent nearly all of the 15-round on his back, kicking at Ali’s legs, causing a pair of blood clots that would affect his mobility for the rest of his fighting days. When it was over, the judges scored it a draw and the angry spectators http://www.officialnikejetshop.com/wayne-chrebet-jersey-for-sale-c-37.html threw garbage into the ringMayweather will earn a minimum purse of $100m, matching the career-high guarantee he made for his 2015 megafight with Manny Pacquiao. That takeaway is expected to balloon past $200m once the pay-per-view receipts, closed-circuit revenues and foreign sales are tallied. McGregor’s contracted purse is $30m, which is 10 times his previous career-high guarantee of $3m for his rematch with Nate Diaz last year. His total earnings are expected to exceed $75m once his share of the promotion is accounted for. So they’re both winners, reallyFloyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor both made the weight before their much-anticipated junior middleweight showdown on Saturday night in Las Vegas. Who will win Mayweather v McGregor? Our writers' and fighters' predictions Read more McGregor was first on the scales on Friday at the T-Mobile Arena and weighed in at 153lbs, one pound below the division limit. Mayweather tipped the scales at 149.5lbs. By coming in under the 154lb limit, the Irishman immediately quelled rumours – floated by Mayweather’s camp at Wednesday’s final press conference – that he was looking big and having trouble making the contracted weight. McGregor, 28, who is making his professional boxing debut after winning UFC titles in two divisions, was first into the arena, emerging slowly from the back of the room draped in an Irish flag as a clean version of Notorious Amos Youth Jersey BIG’s Hypnotize played on the sound system. The 40-year-old Mayweather followed, all smiles in a white TMT T-shirt and grey sweatpants as Phil Collins’ In the Air Tonight rang around the arena. When the fighters came together for the traditional staredown, McGregor taunted and screamed in his opponent’s face before turning to the crowd and pounding his chest while Mayweather calmly chewed his gum looking uninterestedMcGregor accused Mayweather of “being full of water” and in “the worst shape I’ve ever seen”, saying he had never had any concern about coming in on target. “I’m a professional, I make weight,” said McGregor, who estimated he will rehydrate to around 170lbs by Saturday night. “It’s about sacrifices, dedication. It’s focus. I make it and that’s it. I’ve put in the work as everyone can tell. I’m ready. “[I’ll be] a lot bigger than him [on fight night].” Said Mayweather in a separate interview: “I’ve been here before. I know what it takes, what is a fight of this magnitude.” When asked about his decision to come in four-and-a-half pounds under the junior welterweight limit, Mayweather was to the point. Conor McGregor's biggest weapon? His lack of boxing experience Read more “Weight doesn’t win fights, fighting wins fights,” he said. “It won’t go the distance, mark my words.” The undefeated five-division champion did suffer a loss of sorts on the afternoon when Baltimore’s Gervonta Davis, a rising star in Mayweather’s nascent promotional stable, came in two pounds over the 130lb division limit for his IBF junior lightweight title defence against Costa Rica’s Francisco Fonseca. The first http://www.authenticchicagoblackhawks.com/authentic-cm-punk-jersey?gender=Youth sign something was amiss came when they skipped the Davis-Fonseca weigh-in during the lead-up to Mayweather-McGregor. Only an hour later after the building had mostly emptied did Davis and Fonseca step on the scale. The 22-year-old Davis, who captured the title in January to become the second youngest world champion in boxing, defended his title against mandatory challenger Liam Smith in May but forfeited it on the scale Friday after failing to make the weight. Fonseca, who weighed 130lbs exactly, can win the title if he upsets Davis in a scheduled 12-rounder that will air immediately before Mayweather-McGregor. But if Davis wins, the title will remain vacant. Davis tweeted an apology to his supporters on Friday. “I’m young, I’m growing. I had a chance to make the weight I knew I couldn’t make it & that’s that,” he said. “I will have a belt again
Posted 01 Sep 2017

Reply to Topic