Karan Johar’s next

1151 views 15 replies
Reply to Topic
Shahrukh Khan

Total Posts: 43596

Speculation is rife within and outside the film industry that Karan Johar is planning a casting coup of sorts. After assembling an enviable star cast in his last
directorial effort K3G [Big B, Jaya, SRK, Kajol, Hrithik, Kareena], Karan is now planning to cast the three top Khans in his next venture.

Currently attending a film festival in France, Karan sounds amused when this writer broaches the topic of his next film, reportedly starring Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan together for the first time. “SRK is a family member, so he'll always star in films made by Dharma Productions. I cannot think of making films without SRK,” Karan confides.

But what about Aamir and Salman? Will the viewers get an opportunity to witness the clash of the three Khans in his next project? “I've great regards and respect for Aamir and Salman, but it's far from truth that I have signed them for my new film. To be honest, they are nowhere close to the cast I have in mind,” Karan gets serious.

Right now, Karan is in the midst of scripting his new film. “Wait for three months and I would be able to reveal the star cast then. Honestly, I keep changing the cast every morning. One person may seem right today, but looks out of place tomorrow. Let me put it this way, I'm still undecided,” he asserts.

However, Karan does not rule out the fact that his next venture will star some of the biggest names of Bollywood. “Besides SRK, the film will star a host of top notch actors,” he divulges.

What's the essence of the film? Is it a costume drama? “Well, the film is not set in this time zone. It's set in the 1940s. Meaning, it's not a costume drama, nor is it a contemporary film,” Karan adds.

Let's keep speculating about the star cast till then!
Posted 24 Mar 2004

Reply to Topic