England in Pakistan 2005-06

868 views 3 replies
Reply to Topic
Shahrukh Khan

Total Posts: 43596

Mushtaq Ahmed, the Pakistan legspinner, has expressed the confidence that he can play a key role if selected for the home series against England, which starts next month. The 35-year-old Mushtaq said that he had studied the England batsmen closely during his county stint at Sussex.

"If I am recalled I can still spin a web around the England batsmen," said Mushtaq, who is tipped to earn a recall after two years out of the national side.

Inzamam-ul-Haq, the Pakistan captain and Bob Woolmer, their coach, have hinted at giving Mushtaq another chance after he took 80 wickets for Sussex. His efforts helped the county finish second behind Nottinghamshire and have boosted his chances of playing for Pakistan.

"I am right up there and enjoying my bowling, and if my country needs me I will be there and even if, God forbid, I am not recalled I am ready to pass on my experience and my knowledge of the English batsmen."

Mushtaq, who played last of his 52 Tests against South Africa two years ago, said he was confident he could get under England's skin despite their recent Ashes success against Australia. "England are now a very confident side with players like Andrew Flintoff and Kevin Pietersen, but I have special plans for both of them and have dismissed them cheaply," Mushtaq said. "I have not seen such an aggressive player like Pietersen who plays fast and spin with equal aggression, but he is vulnerable to spin."

Mushtaq disagreed with those who say his devotion to religion has halted his cricketing career. "Islam has given me faith and now I am a relaxed man who knows my future and success are in the hands of Almighty Allah and turning to religion is not an impediment in cricket, never."

Pakistan host England for three Tests and a five-match one-day series. The first Test starts in Multan from November 12.

Posted 02 Oct 2005

Date Match Venues
October
26 England Team Arrive
31 Oct - Nov 2 3-day match (*) Pindi Stadium, Rawalpindi
November
6-8 3-day Match Bagh-e-Jinnah, Lahore
12-16 1st Test Multan
20-24 2nd Test Faisalabad
29 Nov - Dec 3 3rd Test Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
December
7 One-Day Warm Up Bagh-e-Jinnah, Lahore
10 1st One-Day International Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
12 2nd One-Day International Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
15 3rd One-Day International Karachi
19 4th One-Day International Pindi Stadium, Rawalpindi
21 5th One-Day International Pindi Stadium, Rawalpindi
22 England Team depart

The first 3-day game will be a non first-class fixture. If Eid falls on November 2, then the third day’s play will be cancelled. There is also an option of starting the first 3-day game on October 30.

Posted 02 Oct 2005

~Fragi~ says
lets hope for da best
Posted 02 Oct 2005

fragi pehla test aapke city main hai
Posted 03 Oct 2005

Reply to Topic