Posted 19 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here
Total Posts: 64603

People celebrate Mush’s resignation

Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Muhammad Anis

Islamabad

Like other parts of the country, the residents of twin cities expressed joy over President Pervez Musharraf’s resignation and demanded his trial.

People came out of their houses and offices as soon as General (r) Pervez Musharraf announced his resignation in a televised address to the nation. People gathered in groups in various localities of twin cities and raised slogans against Pervez Musharraf. Some people distributed sweets on the occasion.

The celebrations were at their peak in front of the Zardari House, central secretariats of coalition partners — PML-N & PPP — and offices of the Jamaat-e-Islami and Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI).

Political workers took rounds of roads on motorbikes and cars to express their jubilation over the development. There were also reports of aerial firing and fireworks from various parts of twin cities, particularly from central parts of Rawalpindi.

Not even a single demonstration was held in any part of twin cities in support of a dictator who ruled the country for almost nine years. The majority of people interviewed by ‘The News’ were of the opinion that Pervez Musharraf should be tried in court for violating the constitution, killing of hundreds of students of the Jamia Hafsa, killing of Baloch leader Akbar Bugti and handing over of a large number of Pakistanis to the US.

Shamsur Rehman Swati, secretary general of the Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) (Rawalpindi), said “Safe passage should not be given to Pervez Musharraf, who is the killer of innocent people at Lal Masjid and Jamia Hafsa as well as democracy.”

A large number of female students of Jamia Hafsa, led by Umme Hassaan, staged a rally at Aabpara Chowk demanding trial of Pervez Musharraf. They carried placards and banners demanding that Pervez Musharraf should be hanged publicly at the Lal Masjid crossing.

Lal Masjid Naib Khateeb Aamir Siddique, who is the nephew of Maulana Abdul Aziz, was also present on the occasion. He said that those providing safe passage to Pervez Musharraf would also be considered murderers of students and teachers of Jamia Hafsa and Lal Masjid. “There should be no safe passage for Musharraf. He should rather be tried in the court of law,” Aamir Siddique said.

The students of Jamia Hafsa were joined by traders of Aabpara Market who distributed sweets among demonstrators. “These sweets are from traders of Aabpara Market,” said a man carrying a basket of sweets for distribution among protesters.

The representatives of traders, while speaking on megaphone, demanded that Pervez Musharraf should be hanged publicly at Aabpara Chowk in Islamabad, Minar-e-Pakistan in Lahore or in front of Mazar-e-Quaid in Karachi. “He deserves this treatment,” they said.

Speaking on the occasion, Aabpara Traders Association President Ajmal Baloch and others said the coalition government should now fulfil its commitment of restoring all deposed judges within three days.

Some traders used abusive language against Pervez Musharraf and termed his resignation victory of the coalition government and other anti-Musharraf forces. They said that Pervez Musharraf handed over the daughter of the soil, Dr. Aafia Siddiqui, to the US.

On the occasion, the demonstrators burnt an effigy of Pervez Musharraf to vent their anger and hatred against him. Rallies against Pervez Musharraf were also staged at Melody Market, Markaz G-9, and G-9 I&T Centre.

In Rawalpindi, people gathered in front of television sets in shops and hotels resorted to celebrations as Pervez Musharraf announced his resignation. The traffic remained blocked at various points on Murree Road, Iqbal Road, Liaquat Road and College Road due to the celebrations.

Posted 19 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

Musharraf keeps viewers in suspense till the fag end

Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Myra Imran

Islamabad

Leaving aside their household chores, women listened to President Pervez Musharraf’s farewell speech with great interest and appreciated his decision to finally call it quits.

Though aired at a busy time of the day, the address kept most women glued to their television sets. Commenting on the speech, they said it had suspense, because the announcement of the resignation came almost at the fag end.

“Musharraf has always been unpredictable and that is what made me think that he might not resign,” said Anila Saeed, a housewife, surprised that his rule was now over. Some of the women expressed concern that the resignation might create a vacuum. “I am still confused whether this is a step towards stability or more instability,” asked Noreen Farooq.

In the present political and economic scenario, she said that the country needed a strong president and prime minister. “Appointments just to make everyone in the coalition happy is a dangerous trend,” she pointed out.

Saadia Majid, another housewife, said that politicians now had another chance to prove themselves. “It will be a great disappointment if they again fail to deliver.” There were women who said their only concern was the rising inflation and that they were not bothered with who becomes the president or the prime minister.

They said that now that the ‘hurdle’ had been removed, the government should concentrate on providing relief to people. “We expect our leaders to take solid steps to check inflation,” said Anila.

Saima Khalid, a student, suggested that people could not afford to watch political turmoil any longer and the coalition should start dealing with their political activities and governance issues separately. “I don’t think it should be that difficult now,” she said.

Posted 19 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

agreed

musharaf ho ya zardari every body who ever gets an opurtunity behaves like dat
Posted 19 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

mushkil hai
Posted 19 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

time will decide
Posted 18 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

Allah aap logo ko bharpor aur proper azadi naseeb karey
Posted 18 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

~CHANDNI~ said:

~Fragi~ said:

love to there but tym nai milta

Fragi bhiya holidayz may kahan janay ka program hay ham say picz   zarror share karnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

g janab mein ho b aya in holidays mein

naran kaghan n many many places per gaya n sab kee pix b post kar dee hain
Posted 18 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

N finally he resigns

Musharraf announces resignation

Updated at: 1400 PST, Monday, August 18, 2008

RAWALPINDI: President Pervez Musharraf announced in a televised address to the nation Monday that he had decided to resign after nine years in power to avoid the threat of impeachment.

"After viewing the situation and consulting legal advisers and political allies, with their advice I have decided to resign," a grim-faced Musharraf said, backed by Pakistani flags and a portrait of the country's founder.

"I leave my future in the hands of people."

Musharraf made the shock announcement after denying that any of the impeachment charges against him could stand and launching into a lengthy defence of his time in power.

"Not a single charge in the impeachment can stand against me," Musharraf said. "No charge can be proved against me because I never did anything for myself, it was all for Pakistan."

He said that there was now law and order in the country, that human rights and democracy had been improved and that Pakistan was now an crucial country internationally.

"On the map of the world, Pakistan is now an important country, by the grace of Allah," he said.

The President dismissed the “false allegations” being leveled against him by the coalition government and said he was neither afraid of the charges against him, nor shy to face these through impeachment.

“For me it is always Pakistan first”, Musharraf said and added that politics of confrontation must come to an end and instead a policy of reconciliation be pursued.

He stressed immediate measure be taken to arrest the economic downturn and said the nation has the resilience to withstand any challenge.

He said it was not a time to show bravado, but to get serious as country’s dignity was at stake, the office of Presidency would bear the brunt.

“For 44 years I have safeguarded the country and will continue to do so.”

“No charge sheet can stand against me. Not even a single charge can be proven against me as I have full trust in Allah Almighty and I did everything with the belief of Pakistan First.”

The President said he took all decisions with consultation, took all stakeholders onboard, on the most difficult decisions.

“All stake holders, whether they were soldiers, politicians, bureaucrats, members of civil society, Ulema were consulted in all decisions. “I have nothing to worry about the charge sheet,” Musharraf said.

Posted 18 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

Salient features of President's address

President Pervez Musharraf's address to the nation begins with the recitation of Holy Quran

Country is passing through difficult time

Today is the day for important decisions

Country was about to be declared as failed state

I have full faith in Allah that if we work hard with honesty, Allah is with us

I faced several crises during these nine-year

Nobody ever faced challenges which I had to face during my regime

I have been facing many challenges including 9/11 and northern areas problems

Allah helped me in facing all these challenges

My intentions remained very positive during this era

I always preferred the country and people first

I gave a slogan "Pakistan first" to the nation

Some elements give value to their vested interest above the country

These elements levelled false allegations against me

Some elements are accusing me of electricity crisis and others

Details will be released in the press

Our economy was on right track on December 2007 before seven months

Our Foreign exchange reserves reached 17 billion dollars

KSE index surpassed 16,000 points

It was the power of our economic policies, These were the indicators of Pakistan seven months back

World agencies declared Pakistan in N-11 countries

Pakistan was also included with India, Russia, China in N-11 countries

Now Reserves have reached below 10 billion dollars

KSE index has new reached below 10,000 points

Foreign investors have stopped investing in Pakistan now

Wheat, pulses prices went up, poor people struggling

Those who criticize our policies is cheating with the nation

Power crises was the outcome of demand which increased after development projects

3000 MW power generations during last 8-9 years

Demand was higher than generation

June 2007, we were generating 1400 MW

750 km long coastal highway built during 7 years

Islamabad-Murree Expressway built

Many roads links built in northern areas

Roads network built across the country

Mirani dam inaugurated, dam in Skardu completed

Capacity will be doubled for Mangla dam

More dams are being built

Thal, rany canals are being constructed

3-million acres land will be irrigated

Our agricultures will be boosted by these canals

Gwadar port was constructed

There is a revolution in telecom sector

50 percent tele-density in Pakistan which was only two percent

Massive industrialization was happening in Pakistan

Four to five hotels are being constructed in Islamabad

With the emergence of Industries, employment opportunities were created

We made lot of progress in education sector

We started technical training, thousands of children being trained

Foreign universities were about to open their campus in Pakistan

1500 PhDs every month

Primary and Secondary health care was given preference

Safe drinking system planned across the country

6000 purification plants were being planned in the country

Three-pronged strategy adopted for women sector

Political empowerment was result of our policies

We abolished discriminatory laws

We empowered minority by giving joint electorate power

We have a rich heritage, culture, Quaid Mausoleum was renovated in a way that thousands of people sit there

We have opened art gallery

In Lahore, a Bab-e-Pakistan is under construction

NIPA (National Institute of Performing Arts) made to promote performance

There was only a label of democracy, we put essence in it, we introduced local government system

Those who are against local government system, was against Pakistan

Two elections were conducted under my rule

It is the essence of democracy

Before 9/11 nobody knew Pakistan, we gave image and value to Pakistan

Pakistan is give value in international forums

We made some inroads on law and order situation

We inducted police personnel on basis of merits, we strengthened their capabilities

There is no Kalashinkov culture

New terrorism culture began after 9/11 which we need to defeat and face jointly

I am proud of all my achievements

Delegates of 80 countries arrived in Pakistan during donors' conference

We were committed more aid then expected

These achievements are for People of Pakistan

Current political situation

I always promoted reconciliation in the country

I have talked about three-phase transition gradually

Third face was last year when I quit post of army chief

Power was transformed after transparent election which all the world believes

After election of Feb 18, people associated their hopes with the elected people

They wanted better future, leaving behind past

They wanted a developed Pakistan free of tussles

Unfortunately, my all appeals regarding reconciliation went all in vain

My efforts failed

Some elements were playing politics with economy, terrorism

Vendetta began

I was blamed for hatching conspiracy from presidency which is completely baseless.

Free fair elections were held in which all parties participated. We made sure everybody participates in the election.

Prime Minister's unopposed election was held, how?

In Sindh, Balochistan also a culture of decency developed

I have publicly announced my support to the government

I announced to share my experience with the government with all my capabilities to face the challenges

Coalition thought me as problem not solution

Collision wants to impeach me, why?

Are they scared of my legal and constitutional right?

Impeachment and charge-sheet right of people, and to defend the impeachment move is my right

No charge-sheet can stand against me, They can not prove any charge against me

I did all with the basis of "Pakistan First"

I took on boards all the stakeholders including army, politicians, civil society members, Ulemas on every critical decision

I am not bothered about charge-sheet, They can not prove any charge

Question arises is: Impeachment issue will affect the country

Can country afford uncertainty and instability.

Country can not bear politics of confrontation

Office of the president should be impeachment, will it be a wise move

I am thinking on these line since two to three days

It is the time for some serious thoughts

Nation will defeat whatever the result of impeachment would be

President office can get affected, Pakistan is my love and everything

I offer my life for the sake of the country,

I served the country for 45 years

I think that I should do something to bring the country out of crisis, it has ability.

I don't want to do anything uncertain

I have in mind to avoid the parliament from horse trading    

If impeachment is defeated, in my view, confrontation will exist between state institutions.

Parliament and judiciary may face confrontation

I don't want to drag the army into politics

I consulted with legal advisers, army and aides,

I resign form my post

Speaker will have my resignation, I don't want anything from anyone

We have given sacrifices, our sacrifices are exemplary, I salute to them

I am thankful to my political companions to support me during this ear

I am thankful to civil servants, their role in the functioning has been amazing, I am proud of them

I am a middle class person and part of people

I always think about the people's pain

Prayers of my mother remained with me and my wife and children always supported me that is my strength

May Allah protect the country

May Allah made the lives of people better

My life is always for the people of Pakistan

Good Bye to Pakistan

Pakistan Painda bad

Posted 18 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

WASHINGTON: US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Sunday said the issue over President Musharraf’s political future was for Pakistanis to determine and indicated that the United States granting asylum to the embattled leader was not currently under consideration.

Washington, she said, has been supportive of the new democratic Pakistani government, adding the US is cooperating with Pakistan in a broad range of areas, including its economic development and the fight against terrorism.

“This is a matter for Pakistanis to resolve and we have been supportive of democratic elections that took place in Pakistan, in fact, advocated for them. “We have been supportive of their new democratic government as witnessed by President (Bush)’s meetings with Prime Minister (Yousuf Raza) Gilani. So this is a matter for Pakistan to determine,” she told FOX News channel when asked if President Musharraf should step down to avoid an impeachment fight.

Pressed if she is prepared to say whether or not the US would grant President Musharraf asylum, Secretary Rice said: “This is an issue that is not on the table, I just want to keep focus on what we must do with the democratic government of Pakistan. President Musharraf has been a good ally everyone knows that we disagreed with his decision in terms of the state of emergency which he declared (in November 2007). But he kept his word, took off his uniform. Now there is a democratic government in Pakistan.

“Pakistan and the United States have a joint interest in fighting terror because these terrorists are not just after the United States and Afghanistan, they are also after Pakistan as demonstrated by the fact that they killed (Benazir) Bhutto. “That is what we are concentrating on, and helping Pakistan to sustain its economy, to build its schools.”

Posted 18 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

hahaha poor girl
Posted 18 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

ok i ll try to share
Posted 18 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

u r welkum

mughals ko maan gaye
Posted 18 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

post more
Posted 18 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

~tasha~ said:

gr8 work fragi

thz :)
Posted 18 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

shahrukh khan said:

Pakistan

the only hope was hockey

but ...........
Posted 18 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

tujhe yaad na meri ayeeeeeeeee

kisi sey kiya kehna
Posted 18 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

nahi meri roooh
Posted 18 Aug 2008

Topic: Bolly Mania!!

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

Posted 17 Aug 2008

Topic: Bolly Mania!!

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

Posted 17 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

Posted 17 Aug 2008

~Fragi~

8107 days old here

Below is a list of all the participating NOCs (where available, the number of competitors per delegation is indicated in parentheses):

Afghanistan (4)
Albania (11)
Algeria (62)
American Samoa (5)
Andorra (5)
Angola (32)
Antigua and Barbuda (3)
Argentina (137)
Armenia (25)
Aruba (2)
Australia (433)
Austria (72)